B.B. King not in good shape....

jimjimbo

RIP BB.

The really sad thing today is, there is no one these days that come close to their style.

Look what the kids did to what they call "Country", no class/little talent.

These thoughts are not the way i chose to start my day, im outta here......

• Like 1

Sad day in the land.  The (real) King is dead.

90 years old, his last forty five or so were really good to him. I will always smile, not feel sadness hen I play one of his tunes.

RIP BB.

The really sad thing today is, there is no one these days that come close to their style.

Look what the kids did to what they call "Country", no class/little talent.

These thoughts are not the way i chose to start my day, im outta here......

Blue's Boy had plenty of disciples, and his music will continue to inspire new ones. I got to watch and listen to a number of groups when I lived in Tulsa, and the "Caines Ballroom" and "Brady Theater" host them all the time. They just don't get the air time that the more popular tinny boppers songs and artist get.

I'm sure you've heard of Kenny Wayne Shepherd, I got to see him at Tulsa's "Brady Theater" a long time ago. He ripped his fender apart and had everybody begging for multiple encores.... he blew the entire audience away. Same with Jonny Lang.

Their songs are distinctly different, but if you listen to enough of them, you'll hear, taste and smell of BB in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ffndDj2Ipw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BB King's daughters are saying he was poisoned......?

I just read that too :o

The article says that the family was prevented from seeing King during his last days by his manager and there were fights over his estate. If this is false its pretty reprehensible thing to do over the legend.