Locking Threads "due to bad personnel attacks"

mikebse2a3

Now there is still an implication that I am some sort of shill for Craig in all this.

Thebes, some of us still look at you as a hero and I think you are internalizing this all wrong.  You probably need to think about it this way in that you revealed a weakness in the moderating process where an unscrupulous, really bad person could take advantage of moderators that don’t currently have the experience and wisdom of Amy Unger. 

You have shown us that the use of certain approaches in forum threads can result in blocking out people that an individual may determine are not wanted in their special “clique.”  For example, “We don’t want that person around so let’s cause chaos in their thread and the thread will be locked.” Now we have the opportunity to educate people about this possible tactic and we will have a better forum for your efforts.  For that, we can thank you!

• Like 2

As for the original vendor, they posted an ad at a specified office. When I attempted to buy at that price they had raised it. They never responded to my email.

Thebes, you have my support.

Those who haven't been here long might perceive that in some of our old timers who, indeed, are in business and yet are allowed to operate pretty freely on the Forum

Buy my hot sauce!

Wait a minute!  Did you give the bottles an ultrasonic bath?  

As for the original vendor, they posted an ad at a specified office. When I attempted to buy at that price they had raised it. They never responded to my email.

Thebes, you have my support.

Seems like you have been having some bad luck lately with Jim not buying the La Scalas and now this. 

Can you provide any more insight?  For example, do you have a link to the ad that we can look at?  Was it something like an error where a $2,000 price had missed a zero and was listed as $200?  There is also, Wes Dooley's company that is also based in California and is also called AEA. 

I've been doing some reserach since this thread started and I have not found the situation you are referring to.

• Moderators

I agree, I have so much I would like to say on the matter. But I don't think The KLIPSCH FORUM is the place to say it. Klipsch has this forum to be informative to those inquiring about their product. There are some very intelligent folks on this forum that provide the data and technical information that people are needing. Yes we take it past Klipsch product, which I don't think is minded, as long as it doesn't turn into threads that you speak of.

As long as we can be civil about things, the rules can be bended. Once things get out of hand, then we need to resort back to following the rules. If that fails, then more rules are usually implemented. Which could make this a dull place, I don't want to see that happen.

If Paul was around and came on the forum and started bashing people about their intelligence I don't think I would stick around. Nor do I think I would care much to continue to purchase his product. Is it entertaining? Sure, is it Right? Not here, I believe there are other forums it could be taken to.

Just my 2 cents.

I think this is very well said.

Paul fancied himself a "gadfly" and it appears he was certainly willing to engage anyone and everyone on issues he was passionate about, whether it be his pastor's sermon, the audio "establishment" or anyone else.

He used satire, as in the case of his article about a combination space heater/amplifier. He was so accustomed to misinformation he invented the first analog tweet, the Bullshit button.

I only know him from his writings, and a great number of anecdotes from those that knew him personally, but I don't recall him ever having to resort to personal attacks to make a point.

Travis

• Like 2

• Moderators

There have been a number of threads in which I wanted to participate but did not because of the nasty level of personal comments made by a few members. I won't subject myself to that kind of B.S. If an individual can't be locked from that kind of thread, the mods don't have much choice but to lock the thread itself .....that is if this is to remain a civilized forum. Darn shame that a few can't or won't tolerate differing opinions.

It is understandable why you feel that way, I think many reasonable people here maybe feel the same way and, from what I read, part of the reason for Mike's post.

Which makes it one of the saddest posts I have read on this forum.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It is sad, I have had the same feeling before and never posted.

It sometimes reminds me a dog marking his territory by peeing on whatever shows up in his area, and It makes about the same amount of sense, none really. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Yes it's off topic, but I am not claiming to know everything or talking bad about someone so deal with it, it could be worse. :o  :P

I'm going to cue up the Zydeco Twisters

I know for a fact you like him, you pointed him out to me to try, YES Thebes all the way up in the Northeast turned me on to some one in my own backyard. And I really appreciate it :emotion-55:  Thank you

Great choice Thebes, got to see him a couple of weeks ago, even if someone did not like his music he put's on an amazing show, as good as any performer I have ever seen.  Rockin Doopsie and his two brothers, they have been playing together since they were little kids.

post-9700-0-79880000-1430622561_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-93360000-1430622584_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-84680000-1430622609_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

Hey I try, but I at least have respect other opinions.

Age has nothing to do with common sense or having respect for others ideas.  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Those who haven't been here long might perceive that in some of our old timers who, indeed, are in business and yet are allowed to operate pretty freely on the Forum

Buy my hot sauce!

Wait a minute!  Did you give the bottles an ultrasonic bath?  

Nah just a normal sterilization bath.

The forum got a real technical analysis from the AEA guys - by a technically expert team that started a whole revolution in the sixties with Bands like the Allman Brothers -

Here is a link to their history and humbleness - in comparison with other push-overs who are nothing other that Bullshit experts - http://aeaaudio.com/legacy-page/