Can we talk...

mangofirst

If your look at the edit bar above your reply window, you should have an icon for embedding pictures, a link, other icons for other stuff, and even for html code ("<>").  If you punch the "More Reply Options" button to the right of the reply button at the bottom of the window, it will bring up an editor window that allows you to attach(upload) files and pictures.

Is that what you're referring to?

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

Okay.  It just didn't show up right when I went to preview it.  I thought I could just type in the HTML codes here and it would work.  Some do, like bold and italics...easy things.  But I tried to define a link and it puked it up.  Oh well, problem worked around. 

Edited by mangofirst

The image link won't post these particular images from the host site. Saving the image and then posting it works.

post-4542-0-34500000-1430672406_thumb.jp

Ok, you got it to work...

Bosch was a rather interesting artist for his time...

Edited by mike stehr

Not your typical "how's the weather in Bodcaw?" kind of post.  Fairly deep and broad subject matter.

What did you have in mind as far as a subject of focus?

Chris

Not your typical "how's the weather in Bodcaw?" kind of post.  Fairly deep and broad subject matter.

What did you have in mind as far as a subject of focus?

Chris

How about: What most surprises you about the painting?

I'm a broad who enjoys a good, broad question.  Leaves the possible answers wiiiide open.  :D

Seems as I recall, the 3 stages of life. First the peace and harmony of creation. Then the dog eat dog real world behavior, and then the reward, or come uppance.

Deep Purple used the last frame to cover one of their albums. Deep Purple/Deep Purple on the telegrammation label.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Heironymous Bosch triptic : Garden of earthly delights. Wowser!

I know, right!? I think the most surprising thing to me is the content of the entire thing versus the time period in which it was painted.  Also, I'm more intrigued by the whole thing because so little is known about Bosch personally.

• Like 1

Intriqued is good in this case. Yes I am thinking it caused quite a stir for those viewing it in those un-enlightened times.

Funny how sometime the art created is become famous and not much known about artist.

It would have that effect on a well known German psychologist. Or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks!

So I found this un-cited quote by Jung...still searching for a source.

The master of the monstrous... the discoverer of the unconscious. 
-- Carl Gustav Jung, on Hieronymus Bosch

I have not heard the name Carl Jung since my college day.  Dr. Jung may be know by a lot of students of psychology.  The first piece of art work represents the Garden of Eden and man being cast out followed be the Apocalypse.

Jung can't be that far removed from this forum; I've noticed quite a bit of argument here based at least in part on some of his theories as well as Joseph Campbell's.

Dynamite stuff: however, the half-life of a thread that actually discusses even tube amplifiers is fairly short, Can't say what this subject will do.  It's amazing what does pass for good conversation in some threads.

The half-body panel is one that I remember from a science book from my early youth on "The Mind", and the subject of the page it was on was "schizophrenia".  I've also seen that panel in many other contexts, but mostly having to do with mental or societal dysfunction.

Jung was wrong about his pyramid of needs, but certainly more correct about everything else than Freud was.  Freud had real hangups.

Campbell was blamed by one of my ministers for "doing violence" to the particular theology of the church that I was attending (and a denomination that grew up in).  It was cool because it gave me a good reason stay away from his sermons.  Campbell is a favorite, for sure...and not just for that.  Transformations of Myth, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, The Power of Myth--all excellent, IMHO, but in small dosages at a time.

"Follow your bliss."    I know that I do...every day.  Life is too short to follow someone else's. :rolleyes:

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1