WTB: RB5-II parts (woofer & grill)

jephdood

Edit..  No longer looking..

I drove a ways today to pick up a pair of RB-5 II's in Cherry..  I made sure they were in very good shape before making the drive (I'm kinda picky like that, old speakers or not), and I was very happy with what I saw when I got there.  They were 95% flawless.  The guy offered to help carry them down to my car, and while he was standing there waiting for me to pick mine up, he dropped his.   :wacko:   The woofer now scrapes when pressing in on it (voice coil) and the grill is broken in several places.  Surprisingly, the cabinet is still in good shape and the crossover appears to be intact.

So, I'm now looking for a K-1084-SB driver and a good grill.  I'll call Klipsch tomorrow and see if they still have any of these parts left, but I'm not hopeful.  I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has either.  I got a good enough deal that it should still be worth it to repair.   :wub:

Pretty sure the same driver is used in other speakers as well..

Thanks..  jeff

Edited by jephdood

He was selling the 5's along with some other electronics, none of which I really wanted, but he said the deal included all.  He's got a disability and he just wanted someone to take everything-- a CD changer, an old cheap receiver, and a tape deck and the speakers-- all for $80.  He offered to give me $20 back for the 'booboo'...  but I didn't take it.  He already felt horrible about it, and I was getting a really good deal anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah..  I'll take the driver out of the good one and test tonight to make sure.

*EDIT - All is well with the speaker after swapping the good driver into it.  So yeah, if anyone has a like-new woofer and/or a grill, let me know.  Already have an incident submitted into Klipsch support to see if they have any of the old parts.

Edited by jephdood

I had a four-pack of RB5II once upon a time and acquired a spare woofer (I think) let me get out to shop tomorrow and check but I'm pretty sure there is a NIB one here. Noah - it should be a 4 ohm model for the single woofer RB series. 8 Ohm would have been used in the center and towers. 

Edited by colterphoto1

• 1 month later...