Finally wrote about the Hope Gathering

Thanks for the write up Chad! We had a wonderful time!

The best thing for me is seeing my cousin Otis in his element. You all speak a language I'm still trying to learn; but, I know what sounds good when I hear it. I also know good people. Those we met at this gathering and last year are diverse to say the least. We are good, open, giving people connected by this insane love of quality sound, created specifically by Klipsch. I have to say, I have never felt so welcomed as in this group, really felt like family. Rodney's hospitality was beyond measure, and its hard to believe these people exist. Otis and I were overwhelmed. We are still reeling from the experience and have formed many Klipsch friendships that could last a lifetime.

By the way, meeting you was also very cool and we are hoping you  will be back next year. I know we will, and any other time we can all get together.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at least a couple of us simply said "That was easy..."  King K'horn wins again.  Palladium is wonderful speaker, but the required violations of PWK fundamental rules required to get that level of sound quality from a form factor that small radically increases costs and the result is, as he predicted, good but not optima.   The RF-7 is wonderful as well, but simply not in a class with the K'horn for the same reasons.  

The Klipsch engineers are the best and they know PWKs rules by heart.  That's why when they break them they have specific marketing reasons to do so and do so at the minimum required to reach those aims. 

Dave

• Like 6

Well, at least a couple of us simply said "That was easy..."  King K'horn wins again.  Palladium is wonderful speaker, but the required violations of PWK fundamental rules required to get that level of sound quality from a form factor that small radically increases costs and the result is, as he predicted, good but not optima.   The RF-7 is wonderful as well, but simply not in a class with the K'horn for the same reasons.  

The Klipsch engineers are the best and they know PWKs rules by heart.  That's why when they break them they have specific marketing reasons to do so and do so at the minimum required to reach those aims. 

Dave

I actually thought the Palladium would emerge as the king of the hill, but Khorn retains it's crown!!!!!  It's good to know that a 69 year old speaker design can and does hang with modern designs!!!!! Love my old school Klipsch as well!!!!! 

• Like 2

Dave

I actually thought the Palladium would emerge as the king of the hill, but Khorn retains it's crown!!!!!  It's good to know that a 69 year old speaker design can and does hang with modern designs!!!!! Love my old school Klipsch as well!!!!!

Make no mistake about it, just ask anyone who was there. The Klipschorn did not "HANG" with the Paladium PF-39, it slaughtered it! Not anywhere near close enough to be a "judgement" call, .... It was that obvious! ;) God bless and thankyou Paul!!

Roger

• Like 2

Well, his 8 Card stands.  Someday, when, as he said, somebody invents a shorter 32hz wave, it can have a different form factor. 

His corner horn design has proven inherently unimprovable in any significant way and nobody has found a way to make it cheaper, smaller, or more efficient without giving up something else.

We are still waiting...

Dave

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Great way to bump this thread back up!  I think anyone who has attended one of these events can testify that it is something you should not miss.  This year will be celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Khorn and we have a few surprises planned!!!!

• Like 1

Dave must be bored.....replying to a post made 6 months ago....

And, he's still correct!!

Yes, I noted the date, and yes, still bore commenting on.  Hardly bored, though.  Up to my rear in the music center project.  Amongst other things, I expect to have Otis Williams, lead singer of the Temptations, at my temporary home (old homeplace) in Texarkana the first week of February.  Not sure I have EVER been less bored. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Depending on the date we may be visiting you that week as well.  Plans are to be in Bodcaw, the 28th-31st for more planning.  May be able to swing by after that.  Of course, The Temptations is my all time favorite band, with My Girl being my all time favorite song!  Yea, I'm hatin' on you Dave!

• Like 1

Just wait until I am sitting on the deck having a beer with Don Henley.  He's on our punch list.  Played his first gigs at Joey's Teen Club with the Fourspeeds.  I heard him there.  Some people chuckle about this project.  There is more music history in the Texarkana area than anyone knows.

Dave

• Like 1