RC-3 and Heresy's

Tom Adams

First of all, thanks to all who confessed to what they paid for their RC-3's. Went to my dealer Saturday, we dickered a bit, and settled on $300 out the door. I know...I coulda got it for less on-line, but Mark has to eat too smile.gif. Besides, these guys have made a no-charge house call when I totally screwed things up once, have given me free stuff, and always shown a willingness to work with me, so I don't mind paying a bit more. Anyhow....

I know Klipsch's speaker matching chart doesn't show RC-3 as a match for Heresy's, but to my ear, they compliment quite nicely. So far I've only listened to a few music CD's and one music DVD (Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense") and I'm very pleased. Was telling Aaron Norris (who bought my KV3), that although I liked the KV3, I never felt it matched up to my Heresy's well. I bought the KV3 when I was just getting into the HT thing and didn't know about the Klipsch speaker matching chart. Seems like I was always fiddling with level adjustments to get the "sound right". Not with this RC-3. Made one level adjustment and, ahhhh....much better. smile.gif

BTW, if you're a Steely Dan fan, "2 Against Nature" is one helluva recording. Those guys know how to mike and mix. The music is typical Steely Dan precision. It's no wonder it won album of the year.

I'd say that for anyone considering using an RC-3 with Heresy's, give it a serious listen/consideration.

I'm a happy camper now. smile.gif

Tom Adams

jeffgeorge -

I'm using Klipsch RS-3's for rear channels and am very happy with them also. And yes, I have a sub and it's a Klipsch <duh - go figure) KSW-15.

In 5 ch. stereo, my Denon 3300 can make those babies rock. Had a friend over this past weekend who wanted to hear this system I've been talking about. They sat there with their mouth open (not the best way to listen to music, but to each their own smile.gif) and were impressed.

I was like a proud papa. smile.gif

Tom Adams

I know what you mean. I like the "open mouth" thing. I also like the "what the heck was that flying around my head", or the "I think we are experiencing an earthquake" thing. I love this way of life.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW10 X 2 : subwoofers

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1