Does Mike Huckabee............!

tube fanatic

• Moderators

When werenthe "custom" wood finishes available on Heritage? Was there much demand for those when you worked there HDBR?

Did they encourage suggestions on improvements/rrefinements to build process?

Was safety much of an issue? You mentioned OSHA inspections, I was wondering if things were pretty safe around there, I have never thought of that before until yiu mentioned requirements for hair.

I lived in Hope from 1976-81, was intimately familiar with plant and personnel (especially the wayward ones!), also part of the establishment. I got to hear both sides of comments made about the counter culture in Hope. It was one of the best times of my life. I don't understand why you are bitching about what I said, Andy. I also lived in Prescott for a few years. None of what I said was conjecture. 

That said, I also know of all the seedier sides of what was going on at Hope that had absolutely nothing to do with Klipsch. Hope was run by just a few families in Hope which also had nothing to do with Klipsch. A few of those names you may remember; Graves, Foster, McClarty, etc. I don't think I said anything about race, either (BTW, SW Arkansas is the most racist place I have lived. I was shocked when I first moved there.) I knew when Feds were around and why. They were around a lot in "79-'80.

I will never say anything negative about the Klipsch plant in Hope as it helped form who I am. I was also one of those "long-hairs" that was brought into Hope, so I don't know why you interpret my comments as negative. 

The counter culture was alive and well in Hope and was due in part to the mecca that has become the Hope factory. When there is a counter culture, there is a lot of complaining from folks that don't want it being there. That is just a fact of life. 

Edited by Rivervalleymgb

RVMGB, the oligarchical control you mention in hope is common to towns and cities in SW Arkansas.  Those running things want nothing from the outside and are interested in no changes as long as they are in control and live the good life. 

Dave

Being a native Arkansawyer, I grew up with oligarchy. Moving from the Ozarks to SW Arkansas was a definite culture change. I was so extremely happy when I found out that there were kindred souls in Hope. 

At our age, it is very enlightening to see all the twists and turns our lives' past have taken. 

Edited by Rivervalleymgb

Indeed.  I am making an effort to move back to my home town of Texarkana, queen city of small city oligarchical rule and held in stasis for over half a century by it.  I intend to be a major annoyance, one of my real talents.  A more enlightened public, people like me coming home, and new blood have weakened them and it's time for them to go.

Dave