Kenzie Headphone amp update

joessportster

Thought I would share this new appreciation for my Kenzie Headphone amp here

been happily listening to my fairly hard to drive HiFiMan He500 planers about a year now on Kenzie with superb results,

With the weather getting hotter, over ear headphones can become somewhat bothersome, (hot sweaty ears is no fun) I wanted to try IEM's (In Ear Monitors) but as they are so very efficient it was a concern that I would pick up background noise.

To my surprise and excitement the Kenzie does an excellent job with the IEM as well as over ear, both offer a very nice black background, a testament to the design and build of the Kenzie Headphone amp  Thanks Justin  :)

Now this does open a door I am not convinced I want to walk through, with the extreme comfort of the IEM and the fact that they are very compatible with Kenzie I now have 1000+ more options when if I decided to look at more headphones :emotion-14:

• Like 1

:emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

look forward to the images  :smile:

My HifiMan are fine with me for comfort till   it get hot out and then ears get hot, I have wanted to try IEM's for a long time just never saw anything with good enough reviews at a low price I was willing to take a shot on

Now I know the amp does very well with them in regards to background noise so the model is now wide open...............................

my apprehension did not stem from experience, it was from many amp reviews read on Head-Fi that quoted IEM's as having background noise so while those amps performed well with larger phones they introduced noise with the more efficient IEM 

• 9 months later...