Modded/Upgraded Cf4's for sale. Will deliver south FL. Reduced SOLD

alexg5775

Moving a different direction with my system so putting these for sale. Version 2's. I value this forum and its people and not looking to MAKE any money of anyone and want to put them at a price were buying and seller can both be happy. I have over 700$ in mods and upgrades in these speakers plus countless hours of work i have put into them. Only two things i must point out. On one of the woofers a slight little slapping sound when the woofer was under high excursion was heard which was the dust cap, so i removed the dust cap and with special glue i re glued the dust cap back on. The noise is 90% gone. You really can't hear it, unless you play like a test tone and put your ear right in front of the woofer. With music, 100% inaudible. Also, when i bought them the badges were missing from the grills. These are the most amazing speakers i have heard to date. Below see the mod thread and also the thread were i reviewed these speakers against the khorn. 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/151115-epic-cf4-mods-amp-rack-build/?hl=%2Bamp+%2Brack

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156526-cf4s-vs-khorns-review/?hl=%2Bkhorn+%2Bcf4

post-31857-0-72740000-1431187357_thumb.j

Edited by alexg5775

This is the woofer were i re glued the dust cap. Looks much worst in pic than is does in person. 

Good timing.  I am getting ready to glue a single dust cap as well.  Do you have that procedure detailed someplace? 

I moved my entire post to My thread "Epic CF-4 Needs Overhaul" Post #78  so I wouldn't hijack your sales thread.

+++

BTW - Alex is asking fair market value for stock CF-4's, but with his mods at that price they are a steal. 

If you bought stock CF-4's, assembled all the upgraded parts and then put at least 60 hours refinishing them and installing the upgrades you would easily spend about $1600 just in the speakers and parts.

I think they would compare favorably against La Scalas all day long, and these are much more versatile in terms of placement.

Edited by wvu80

I finally got my dust cap glued back on.  The entire cap pulled off easily and I used some medium all-purpose clear cement for PVC.  It set up in 5 minutes which is exactly what I wanted.  I was afraid to use instant Super Glue and not get it positioned correctly.

I applied some pressure by turning my wife's flower vase with the 4" lip upside down.  It set up on the rim of the dust cap.  Perfect!

GLWYS

Just a little fyi. If I'm on Ebay and type in Klipsch Epics,  your speakers do not come up. I have to type in Klipsch CF for your ad to do so.  Perhaps, you might want to add Epics to the sale page header to get more traffic.

Just a little fyi. If I'm on Ebay and type in Klipsch Epics,  your speakers do not come up. I have to type in Klipsch CF for your ad to do so.  Perhaps, you might want to add Epics to the sale page header to get more traffic.

Just changed it. Thank you.

Alex