"Is Tom Brady a Cheater?" "I don't believe so..........."

Bonzo

Jimbo, he can't take any pressure if the O line breaks down either.  That is one of my key criteria for a great QB.  Stats be damned (Colin).

Given that criteria then, I would think that Doug Flutie ranks high on your list of "greats"?  Believe me, nothing against Flutie, always loved his passion and style and humble manner, but he doesn't rank in the pantheon of "greats" to me.

Peyton Manning is IMO one of the top 3 all time, and he was never particularly fleet of foot....

As the old saying goes..."Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"....Brady was lucky in more ways than one, a coach, receivers, O line, and a kicker who bailed him out numerous times.  if it weren't for them, he'd just be another Rob Johnson....

And, oh yea, I'd like to see that red head car wash again myself....

Edited by jimjimbo

Destroying his cell phone is the act of an innocent man, right??? IMHO, he's guilty as the day is long and deserves everything he gets. It was noted by some of the guys on ESPN that Goodell works for the owners. It is likely they, except Kraft, are tired of getting beaten by The Pats and all the violations recently.

Since the time when people started playing competitive sports there have always been creative (cheating) ways to get around rules. Rules are continually changed or added to keep the playing field level.

Even though these events are called cheating I believe it won't ever end, especially since very large sums of money are involved.

Brady definitely was using balls that were not pressurized properly and according to other NFL quarterbacks that's the way it is throughout the league.

The NFL has to have a standard for the calibration of instruments used to measure pressure, the balls should always be controlled by the NFL not the teams.

The Colts were destined to lose anyway if you take into account the scoring margin in the second half. So this coming season Brady should take the lumps and not get caught again because there will be more of this behavior league wide.

MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS inclusive... Just ask Lance Armstrong about it!

Scott

I will start out by saying I'm a Chicago fan.  (maybe I shouldn't)  

Last year I decided, since working six days a week then, I would not spend my one day off a week sitting around watching football.  So I figured if my team had eight wins, I'd pay attention...I spent my Sundays last Fall and Winter enjoying myself disc golfing or anything else.  

That said, if adding a few pounds of air to the ball would have given my team a championship, I would have been all in!

• Like 2