"Is Tom Brady a Cheater?" "I don't believe so..........."

Bonzo

http://www.msnbc.com/now/watch/full-tom-brady-deflate-gate-press-conference-387846723865

At 1:40 of this interview which was after they beat the Colts, Tom Brady was asked, "Is Tom Brady a cheater?" Someone just called out Tom Brady's morals, ethics, honesty and if he plays by the rules. His answer, "I don't believe so???" Wow, the innocent man says, NO I am not a cheater or, I always play by the rules and never cheat, or you are questioning my ethics and my morals on how I play the game and NO I am not a cheater!!! Instead we get, "I don't believe so." Hey Tom, did you steal my cookie, "I don't believe so." Hey Tom did you steal that car? "I don't believe so." Hey Tom, did you lie about your knowledge of "Deflategate?" "I don't believe so."

My opinion after raising three kids and interviewing more witnesses and criminal suspects than I care to count, "I don't believe so" just doesn't cut it! That's a deflection, not an answer. I think he's guilty as the day is long. Sorry Pat's fans.

• Like 1

Yet to see evidence.  Did both teams not use the same ball?

Balls are checked in the locker rooms by the refs prior to the game.  There's (was) plenty of time for hanky panky between then and the time they got to the sidelines.

I think this is much ado about....not much. Losers crying because they lost, over a so-called infraction that is routine in the game.

Since Aaron Rodgers freely admitted that he uses overinflated balls beyond the league max in games he has played, does this mean the Packers get the same penalty?

The league could easily solve this problem and do what other leagues do: "Here's the balls we are furnishing you - play with them".

BTW I'm not a Pats fan, but I think this is ridiculous.

• Like 3

http://www.msnbc.com/now/watch/full-tom-brady-deflate-gate-press-conference-387846723865

At 1:40 of this interview which was after they beat the Colts, Tom Brady was asked, "Is Tom Brady a cheater?" Someone just called out Tom Brady's morals, ethics, honesty and if he plays by the rules. His answer, "I don't believe so???" Wow, the innocent man says, NO I am not a cheater or, I always play by the rules and never cheat, or you are questioning my ethics and my morals on how I play the game and NO I am not a cheater!!! Instead we get, "I don't believe so." Hey Tom, did you steal my cookie, "I don't believe so." Hey Tom did you steal that car? "I don't believe so." Hey Tom, did you lie about your knowledge of "Deflategate?" "I don't believe so."

My opinion after raising three kids and interviewing more witnesses and criminal suspects than I care to count, "I don't believe so" just doesn't cut it! That's a deflection, not an answer. I think he's guilty as the day is long. Sorry Pat's fans.

lol Tom Brady needs to take a lesson from Lance Armstrong. That guy lied like a true champ his entire career before it all blew up in his face...

The game was going to be that lopsided even if they would have played with a Nerf football.  Never less, cheating is cheating, no matter if its game one or the Super bowl. He got off easy IMO, but he will be labeled as a petty cheater and I can hear the chants from the opposing team crowds already. 

From politicians to actors to pro athletes, everyone is innocent even after they have been grilled with obvious evidence. Its a world of Narcissists and it starts at the chain of command

• Like 1

The question in my mind is should the Championship be taken away.  Boxers with add weight in the  gloves will be stripped of a title, Olympians on steroid will be stripped of metal.  The Little League World champs title was stripped due to some of the kids staying with their grandparent and being in the wrong zip code.  The Colts should be given the win.   Now we would have the NFL in chaos!

Edited by derrickdj1

I understand this is not about Tom Brady or some intentionally deflated footballs this one particular time in which they were caught.  It's about cheating, skirting the rules to gain a competitive advantage.  It's about the integrity of the game.

And now the NFL is punishing the Pats by suspending Brady for 4 games, taking a #1 draft pick and fining the Pat's organization a million bucks, wow!  What would the penalty be if they really did something wrong?

I'll even concede Brady knew.  I'll say not only did he know, but he ordered the balls deflated, and when the guy didn't deflate them enough, he used his own 99 cent needle  to deflate them himself.  But there is no evidence of that.  None.

I haven't heard any sports talk yet so this is me talking, but I bet NFL Commissioner Goodell has this penalty greatly reduced in court or has the penalties thrown out all together like all the other arbitrary really bad decisions he's made over the last year. 

Then we'll be discussing who would be the best person to replace Goodell for the newly vacated NFL Commissioner's job.