I have an Onkyo 805 (no jokes please) and i would like to know how to hook up a Hafler XL-600 to the front two L + R speakers and still have the onkyo run the center and back 2 speakers?

any help would be appreciated before I blow up my Onkyo.

Thank You

2 RCA cables from the L/R preouts of the Onkyo to the R/L inputs of the Hafler. L/R speakers to the speaker output  terminals of the amp.

All other speakers direct from the speaker terminals of the Onkyo.

hafler-xl-600-138602.jpg

• Like 2

You just hook the 805's L and R pre-outs (assuming your receiver has them) to the L and R RCA inputs opinion the amp. You then run the speaker wires to the appropriate speakers. You might need to go in to your AVR's menu and asign the front channels to an external amplifier, not familiar with the 805 though..

Tasdom beat me to it;)

Edited by K5SS

You just hook the 805's L and R pre-outs (assuming your receiver has them) to the L and R RCA inputs opinion the amp. You then run the speaker wires to the appropriate speakers. You might need to go in to your AVR's menu and asign the front channels to an external amplifier, not familiar with the 805 though..

Tasdom beat me to it;)

cause you're too busy thinking about Heresy's :D

• Like 1

I have an Onkyo 805 (no jokes please)

No jokes from here.  The Onkyo TX-SR805 is almost legendary with it's overbuilt design and beastly 50+ pound weight.  Way more performance than any other mfr's model in it's mid price range.

Bill

I have an Onkyo 805 (no jokes please)

No jokes from here. The Onkyo TX-SR805 is almost legendary with it's overbuilt design and beastly 50+ pound weight. Way more performance than any other mfr's model in it's mid price range.

Bill

805 is a beast. One of the only avrs I know that puts out rated 130 watts to all channels driven.

well hooked it up now it's making my Onkyo shut down after about 20 min. of listening? Any ideas what the prob. may be hooked up improperly

2 people did say R/L  then L/R hookup on the amp but I thought cross wiring was not a good idea.

Edited by Zappa Freak

well hooked it up now it's making my Onkyo shut down after about 20 min. of listening? Any ideas what the prob. may be hooked up improperly

2 people did say R/L  then L/R hookup on the amp but I thought cross wiring was not a good idea.

Sorry to hear that.

Just in case you missed it:

Front Right preout from Onkyo to right input on Hafler to out right Hafter speaker terminals(+/-) to right Klipsch speaker terminal(+/-).

Front Left preout from Onkyo to left input on Hafler to out left Hafler speaker terminals(+/-) to left Klipsch speaker terminals(+/-).

Bill

• Like 1