"They're tryn' to wash us away..."

Mallette

Dodged closed streets all the way in from Galvestion Bay to north Pasadena today.  Deluge last night most all night.  As the pool appeared to be breached or close to it (dark when I left) at least 5 or 6 inches in 4 hours or so. 

40% chance of more for the next several days.  Wish we could export some of this to you guys out in CA and elsewhere in drought...we have more than enough, thank you.

Dave

• Like 1

Yep, ya'll can have all you need from here. 7.1" in 4 hours yesterday, another 2" this morning, the creek nearby which normally is at 6' is at 28' and rising. It'll be coming your way for the next 3 days Dave.

• Like 1

Hey, you brought it up...

There IS a reason for the song's resurgence after Katrina if you know the backstory.  But I'll leave that those interested. 

What has happened down here is the winds have changed
Clouds roll in from the north and it started to rain
Rained real hard and it rained for a real long time
Six feet of water in the streets of Evangeline

The river rose all day
The river rose all night
Some people got lost in the flood
Some people got away alright
The river have busted through clear down to Plaquemines
Six feet of water in the streets of Evangeline

Louisiana, Louisiana
They’re tyrin’ to wash us away
They’re tryin’ to wash us away
Louisiana, Louisiana

President Coolidge came down in a railroad train
With a little fat man with a note-pad in his hand
The President say, “Little fat man isn’t it a shame what the river has done
To this poor crackers land.”

Louisiana, Louisiana
Louisiana, Louisiana

• Like 1

And who is the "they" that you refer to?  Are you trying to turn this into a religious or political discussion?

Everything is political!

I blame James Polk (who sells dull sounding speakers except for the expensive ones) and John Quincy Adams (not his father who was the 2nd president, who I like very much).

Ya'll can't accuse me of partisan politics because John Q Adams was a member of the Federalist, Democratic-Republican, National Republican, and later Anti-Masonic and Whig parties.

If I've offended any of my friends on this forum who are members of the Whig party, I sincerely, apologize. 

+++

How am I doing for "safe" politics?  :D

(and someone please don't argue with me over Polk, because 'yes' I know his very impressive rep as the "least known consequential president.")  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

Seriously, I know California is in a terrible drought, but what does this do for Texas?  Were you in drought conditions, and does this rain help any? (I know there is a lot of run off).

Edited by wvu80

• Moderators

Looks like no break anytime soon, current radar, not terrible bad but when your flooded already it's bad.

Good luck, it is going North, all we had a sprinkle over the last few days. But this is better than the endless weeks under a high pressure with record high temps and no rain like South Texas had a few years in a row. Well better if it doesn't cause property damage.

current radar :(

post-9700-0-16680000-1431534939_thumb.gi

• Moderators

Seriously, I know California is in a terrible drought, but what does this do for Texas?  Were you in drought conditions, and does this rain help any? (I know there is a lot of run off).

Being kind of flat runoff is slow in most places I would think, it would be nice if some of that water could go to the west.

https://youtu.be/sWjlUfLqKcc

Edited by dtel