"They're tryn' to wash us away..."

Mallette

I know it has been nothing like TX and OK but we just had another 3 inches of rain last night in KC. About 7-9 inches in the past couple weeks. Getting Real old, can't make any dry weather plans, always cloudy. The radar scans are nearly identical storm after storm, tailing from s central TX up to KC. Hundreds and hundreds miles of rain.

• Like 1

The radio could not list all the freeways and other roads shut down this AM, and the authorities were just saying "Stay home."   Freeways are littered with cars that were submerged last night and started showing up as the waters went down this morning. 

Definitely will be a cleaner city when the water recedes as it has received a thorough washing.

Dave

Guest Steven1963

Watching the morning news before work. Showing pics of Houston flooding. And here I am complaining that it was just cloudy all weekend long up here.

My son and daughter-in-law are at Rocklahoma. Just read they evacuated the area due to storms. Haven't heard from them yet.

Any word on your Son and DIL?

Prayers sent towards this area of the country. I hope everyone stays safe.

• Like 1

I watched the Houston Rockets game on TV last night.  After the game they were telling the teams and spectators to stay in the arena and not leave.  It was a mess outside.  We're an hour or so east and got rain, hail and lightning till this morning.

• Moderators
They say Lake Travis is up over one foot in under two hours, which we need because it is 50 feet down.

:o OK I knew you were special, but I had no idea they named a lake after you, impressive. :ph34r:  :P

They say Lake Travis is up over one foot in under two hours, which we need because it is 50 feet down.

:o OK I knew you were special, but I had no idea they named a lake after you, impressive. :ph34r:  :P

Travis is a very well-respected name here in Texas.  Those familiar with our history hold high regard for Col. William B. Travis, of the Alamo.  I'd venture the ratio of people named "Travis" over people not named "Travis" is pretty high in this state compared to all the others.  My nephew's little boy is named "Travis."

Edited by Jeff Matthews

• Moderators

Not being from Texas I had no idea of the real story of the Alamo or how popular the name is. :emotion-21:

But even with that, after having the privilege of meeting Travis in the past, I can guarantee he is special (in a good way) and also funny. At first I wasn't sure how to take him, but that changed quickly after being around him a while, he is really a nice guy...........even considering his profession.  :ph34r:  :D .....you know people just can't help themselves when it comes to teasing about your profession, but when the poop hit's the fan........... 

• Like 1