Speaker Dilemma

Toxicant

Grettings all,

I have two pair of K-horns and I need to decided which pair to part with. I have the first pair I purchased in the 80's that matched my Cornwalls, white oak lacquer, so I have a matching set, although the Cornwalls haven't viberated in ten years I have hopes of someday having them all in the same room.

The other pair of K-horns are oiled walnut with serial numbers 2C006 and 2C009. Is there anything special about these or just a run of the mill K-horns from the 60's. Both sets of K-horns are in nice shape with the plus going to the walnuts, the oak pair have some problems with the tops but are perfect everywhere else..

I'm leaning towards keeping the four white oak set and moving the walnut pair, convince me otherwise or not.

Just to throw something else into the mix I believe the walnut horns are from my birth year,1964.

Thank you in advance,

Ron

About the K-Horns. They might have the last of the K-5 midrange or the first of the K-400 midrange. This could be an issue.
I'd also want to know which woofers.  Jensen?  Stephens?  EV-15WK?  Some of those have value and sound pretty dam good.  

Is there a difference between how they sound?  The caps might have to be refreshed, but the sound of a 15WK K-horn might be hard to replicate.

"Transition to the K-33-J Woofer (Jensen) from the EV 15WK began. And

University SAHF mid-range drivers started to be designated and labeled as K-

55." Per the timeline in 1960.

Of course no one will know for sure without opening them up.

WMcD

Keep the matched set. Been working for years trying to get mine all matching. Just finished refinishing my Cornwalls to match my fronts.

Going to start on jamborees soon to match them, then maybe I will be finished building speakers for a while. YEA RIGHT lol.