FS: EV HP9040 horns with DH1A drivers (EV diaphragms)

kwingylee

Selling my EV DH1A drivers attached to EV HP9040 horns/base plates. Local pick up in the Chicago area. 

Was going to use these for a project with my A7 cabinets, but simply do not have time anymore. Selling to make room.

Everything is in excellent condition.

$400 for all.

Edited by kwingylee

Selling my EV DH1A drivers attached to EV HP9040 horns/base plates. Local pick up in the Chicago area. 

Was going to use these for a project with my A7 cabinets, but simply do not have time anymore. Selling to make room.

$400 for all.

How can one tell if you have original EV diaphragms ?

one more thing pictures please....

$400 for all.

How can one tell if you have original EV diaphragms ?

one more thing pictures please....

Good question, I asked the previous owner, who was running a PA re-purposing business. He assured me they were EV phragms. Other than that I have no way to check. I will post pictures with resistance measurements over the weekend.

some info on the parts and a few inspirational pictures.

JBL photos included for visual ideas as they are very similar in size.

Ha, remindes me of the theater buy out i did last year, i had six of those critters, had a couple set up on my Scalas for a few days.

I think there are pics in my Gallery.

Those EVs can pump out the high's like no others.

Ha, remindes me of the theater buy out i did last year, i had six of those critters, had a couple set up on my Scalas for a few days.

Do you still use them? I got because I figure that they would sound better than 511B horns with 808-8As....I love the horns in yellow, maybe I should keep them?

Do you still use them? I got because I figure that they would sound better than 511B horns with 808-8As....I love the horns in yellow, maybe I should keep them?

Had no use for them when i bought them, found this theater closing deal on the CL in Monterey Ca, so the wife and i took a day trip to the Bay, upon standing there looking at the one amp i wanted, i ended up with three, and in the same room, im looking at EV stacks, no interest in them, i then see eight of these Horns, asking about them, he said six wre still for sale at $100 Ea.

What would you have done?

I just got rid of the last two last year for the same price i got them for.

I would love to hear folks impressions comparing the EV's, JBLs, and K402s.  I have heard the that the JBL's are decent but don't compare to the K402s.  Reason I am trying to keep convincing myself that the EV HP640's will hold me over until I cash for the K402s. 

Moray, you just make me want to keep them... I was going to pair them with A7 cabinets.....

The ones I have are the industrial gray color. The white and yellow colors look awesome

fill the throat and the diffraction slot with 25 - 30 PPI open cell foam and at even the loudest home playback levels they will stand up against any horn you like and not be embarrassed. I would expect these to destroy a 511b. As you can see the VOTT Gray looks very good and you could mix a nice dark yellow inside the horn see attached picture. I very nearly bought a set of these but I could not arrange for them to be picked up and could not afford the shipping. The HR9040 or the HR6040 is also an option See the picture with Mr. EV himself Jim Long in his living room (better in my opinion).

You might also find some inspiration at this horn lovers site, http://www.hifichile.cl/index.php?/topic/921-horns/

post-44375-0-75580000-1431757084_thumb.j

post-44375-0-03020000-1431757128.jpg

post-44375-0-88780000-1431757840.jpg

EV hp6040-eds.pdf

Edited by moray james

• 2 weeks later...

$400 for all.

Say did you make a decision to keep these after all? Also just a do you know comment that the nose extender cup on the DH1A off screws by three flat faced machine screws with Allen sockets. With the nose cup on the throat of the driver is a nominal 2 inches (1.94") and with the nose extender cup remover the exit is 1.4 inches. There are lots of new 1.4 inch entrance horns on the market now. The DH1A is a true Tour Du Force S.O.T.A. driver. I am keeping mine forever they are capable of outputting more acoustical watts (TEN) than any driver with a three inch diaphragm thats more across their bandwidth than a JBL2226 fifteen inch woofer by the way and they can do that for 24 hours. Best regards Moray James.