WTB Klipsch Chorus (II), Forte (II) or Quartets

koba

Hi, looking for a pair of my beloved Klipsch Chorus (II), Forte (II) or Quartets in good to excellent condition. Will entertain reasonable offers which won't brake the bank. If you have something for sale, kindly let me know.
Will need delivery to NJ (original boxes are highly appreciated). PayPal only. Thanks for looking.

Edited by koba

John, it's ain't as expensive as one can think. Wouldn't say it's cheap but total still much less vs buying them in Ukraine + you can find exactly what you want. Many thanks for your words.

Alex

Edited by koba

How do you plan on getting them to the Ukraine?  I would check Craigslist in NJ, NY area.  Shipping could be a deal breaker to Ukraine unless you have a couple grand set aside for shipping.  Best of luck in your search.

John

John, it's ain't as expensive as one can think. Wouldn't say it's cheap but total still much less vs buying them in Ukraine + you can find exactly what you want. Many thanks for your words.

Alex

I sold my forte's about three(or four) years ago to forum member Kogeed(Sergei) who also lives in the Ukraine.  We corresponded through a local forum member who happens to speak fluent Russian and arranged with Sergei's help, to use a freight forwarder in NJ.  I drove the forte's down to another Florida forum members home and he crated them and shipped them off to NJ.  Sixty days or so later and Sergei was enjoying his new(to him) oak oil forte's.

Sergei payed me a "fair market value" price via Paypal plus fifty bucks(his insistence) to drive them down to Okeechobee and he handled all $$$ with the shipping.   Sergei also noted that the price I sold them for, plus the $50.00 extra, plus whatever he paid the other forum member for his trouble, plus the cost of shipping to Ukraine and time involved, which was over two months, was about half what he would have to pay if he could even find any in the Ukraine.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Good luck on your search.  Cant go wrong with a Chorus II, or forte II.  I prefer the forte II, over Chorus II, in that it is a more balanced speaker.  However both are top notch.  Hold out for a second generation like you described.  The tractrix horn on the II models, along with rear passive radiators are worth the wait.

Best regards,

John

John, Chorus II and Forte II are at the top of my wish list. I've already own Chorus I and both Forte I & II. Wouldn't call Forte II more balanced over Chorus I - I'd better say it is much more easier to make them sound over Chorus. My experience says Chorus (at least first generation and suppose the II too) are very hard to make them "play as they can" because of their extremely high resolution. But when at least you do.... they become very, very balanced....

Thank you for the notes guys but as usual I do check the garage sale section at least once a day, Got some offers already and hope some become deals soon.

Thanks again,

Alex

Edited by koba