latest acquisition, M&K Satellite 1B and two matching V-1B volkswoofers

I have a friend who had these and wanted a set of my Sony speakers. these needed some work and one subwoofer I imagine still needs some work. Two blown tweeters that I found replacements (4 actually) and installed them.  Then we decided to trade, I also included a amplifier as these are worth a bit more. The woofers have been replaced with those Mavin Audio, they came with the original and somebody tried to put rubber surrounds on them. I took them off and ordered new foam but imagine these ones will sound better, but will see. Cabinets and grills on speakers are in excellent condition the woofers are also in great condition with the exception of a few wire terminals broken, but use RCA's so don't care and one led is burned out.  Also had to de-ox the volume pots and they work fine now.  The bad news was the front baffle is only 3/4" thick with a 1/4" recess and it just particle board with T nuts on back. Somehow some moron broke the wood on three of the T-nut locations completely off. So I had to go in and cut two half circles and glue them behind the baffle and then fill the damaged areas with wood putty. I did one but still have to do the other one, I have not even looked but imagine its bad as well. Also the rear plate had no gasket so I put some on.  Also these had just an insane amount of poly fill in them and it just seems like way to much, don't know if it was stock or not but I only put back about half. I also liquid nailed the inside of the cabinet corners. 

So far I am more than impressed that these nearly 30 year old speakers sound so damn good. When I re-foam the original  I will a-b them, I also have to replace that LED. 

Enough rambling, PICS

DSC02876_zpsrmko41kz.jpgDSC02877_zps2aqagchj.jpg

P1020215_zps31yk6t0a.jpg

Also these had just an insane amount of poly fill in them and it just seems like way to much, don't know if it was stock or not but I only put back about half.
I guess you've never seen the inside of some BBC LS5 monitors or JBL 3411 Studio Monitors...

Bruce

• Like 1

I have a friend who had these and wanted a set of my Sony speakers. these needed some work and one subwoofer I imagine still needs some work. Two blown tweeters that I found replacements (4 actually) and installed them. Then we decided to trade, I also included a amplifier as these are worth a bit more. The woofers have been replaced with those Mavin Audio, they came with the original and somebody tried to put rubber surrounds on them. I took them off and ordered new foam but imagine these ones will sound better, but will see. Cabinets and grills on speakers are in excellent condition the woofers are also in great condition with the exception of a few wire terminals broken, but use RCA's so don't care and one led is burned out. Also had to de-ox the volume pots and they work fine now. The bad news was the front baffle is only 3/4" thick with a 1/4" recess and it just particle board with T nuts on back. Somehow some moron broke the wood on three of the T-nut locations completely off. So I had to go in and cut two half circles and glue them behind the baffle and then fill the damaged areas with wood putty. I did one but still have to do the other one, I have not even looked but imagine its bad as well. Also the rear plate had no gasket so I put some on. Also these had just an insane amount of poly fill in them and it just seems like way to much, don't know if it was stock or not but I only put back about half. I also liquid nailed the inside of the cabinet corners.

So far I am more than impressed that these nearly 30 year old speakers sound so damn good. When I re-foam the original I will a-b them, I also have to replace that LED.

Enough rambling, PICS

DSC02876_zpsrmko41kz.jpgDSC02877_zps2aqagchj.jpg

P1020215_zps31yk6t0a.jpg

I only have one very important question for you...

Edited by Schu