1976 La Scala Speakers

Terri

Sadly, we must sell our Dad's 1976 La Scala speakers.  He passed away last year and unfortunately none of us have room in our homes.   

I was on the forum a few months ago, trying to gather any information I could as I knew my Father always said these were the greatest speakers ever.   I want to thank everyone who shared kind words and gave me such helpful information . . . especially DizRotus.  What a gentle and caring man you are!  I wish my Dad had known you and known about the forum, he would have loved chatting, or bragging, with everyone about their Klipsch speakers.   

These speakers were delivered to my parents 1,000 square foot ‘Music Room’ in 1976 and have never been moved since.  My father loved listening to Sarah Brightman and my mother enjoyed classical.  The speakers are raw birch and have never been treated with anything.   The speakers are in excellent condition. They have never been abused or misused.  Though my Dad might disagree  when the speakers played my favorite Cat Stevens music or my sister’s Bon Jovi.   There are no dents or dings; however, there are a few little whitish spots on top of one of the speakers.  I didn’t want to sand it, as it looks like it’s just part of the wood, but wanted to make mention as it doesn’t come through in the pics. 

Our hope is to find these speakers a good loving home.  We believe everything to be in excellent working order, including the tweeters.   

Asking $1,800. 

post-60829-0-74980000-1431956769_thumb.j

post-60829-0-58820000-1431956792_thumb.j

post-60829-0-81180000-1431957130_thumb.j

post-60829-0-83740000-1431957153_thumb.j

post-60829-0-33260000-1431957176_thumb.j

post-60829-0-79220000-1431957191_thumb.j

post-60829-0-78060000-1431957208_thumb.j

post-60829-0-44140000-1431957225_thumb.j

post-60829-0-04900000-1431957246_thumb.j

post-60829-0-24780000-1431957268_thumb.j

post-60829-0-85940000-1431957422_thumb.j

post-60829-0-94060000-1431958239_thumb.j

Those are SWEET you should really try to keep them if at all possible. Maybe sell to someone that can be able to sell back to you in future. One day you will wish you still had these. But they are very nice. Sorry to here about your dad .  Rick

Only way to get those big things is to go get them yourself . By the time you box them and ship them your getting close to new ones I would think. If you can work out some sort of tag team deal get them to Kansas city I can store them till you get here. Just an idea. Rick

This is a fair price. While I'm not an interested buyer, I am interested in helping Terri find a worthy home.   I'll speak with her, and then I expect that she and/or I will post some additional details.

If you snooze you could lose.

• Like 1

The first time I saw the full grille LA Scala's, I fell in love. These speakers are gorgeous and I hope to own a pair one day.

Howz about now? No time like the present.

he  must be very far to get these - and that goes for me as well -

The grills appear to be easily removable, but it would be a shame to do so. Look closely at the photos. The fabric is trapped between the cabinet and screen molding attached with small brads.

Perhaps HDBRbuilder can shed some light on this. I'll send him a PM.

If the grills are easily removable, imagine the pristine appearance of the doghouses.

Edited by DizRotus

The grills appear to be easily removable, but it would be a shame to do so. Look closely at the photos. The fabric is trapped between the cabinet and screen molding attached with small brads.

Perhaps HDBRbuilder can shed some light on this. I'll send him a PM.

If the grills are easily removable, imagine the pristine appearance of the doghouses.

Most likely factory grilles...or a kit done afterwards. The white spots are where the sanding room folks put wood putty into the nail holes around the edge of the top panel, then sanded the tops. Normally the factory installed the grilles and the screen door moulding and ALSO puttied up the brad holes and sanded them smooth, but maybe they didn't on this pair due to trying not to get any sanding dust on the black grille cloth...OR maybe the grilles were added as a kit after the purchase, which sometimes happened...because a kit was offered for just that purpose. The grille cloth is stapled to the plywood edges and the moulding is used to cover the stapled edges of the cloth.
  • Thanks 1

Only way to get those big things is to go get them yourself . By the time you box them and ship them your getting close to new ones I would think. If you can work out some sort of tag team deal get them to Kansas city I can store them till you get here. Just an idea. Rick

Boxed and stretch filmed onto a pallet would bring it close to a new pair? Wow even with 20%0ff retail, that would bring shipping to about $4000

Just my .02 worth

Mark