Chorus II question

dtrinh9

I am planning to purchase a set of Chorus II from a forum member. My application plan is for a 2 ch listening and part time karaoke speakers so my question is what do you all think of this? Has anyone use these for karaoke before?

I am planning to purchase a set of Chorus II from a forum member. My application plan is for a 2 ch listening and part time karaoke speakers so my question is what do you all think of this? Has anyone use these for karaoke before?

Karaoke?  I don't know anything about it, but I have seen some of those dedicated karaoke machines with the built-in speakers.  I've got to believe the Chorus II's ought to be about 10 times better than the best karaoke speakers I've ever seen.

For 2-channel listening?  Bliss.  B)

• Like 1

I am planning to purchase a set of Chorus II from a forum member. My application plan is for a 2 ch listening and part time karaoke speakers so my question is what do you all think of this?

First, can you carry a note, lol. :D

• Like 2

Chorus 2 for karaoke would be way overkill , they can be heard in a hall - your neighbours 100 feet away will feel the bass -as for yourself 1 watt of power will be more than enough -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

Are you talking Karioke at a bar?  Of course you are, you're not doing it in your living room.

I found out long ago that moving from a small room to a big room is almost like going outside (done that too) and really requires extra power.  Also, in a bar people are a bit drunk and noisy.  So you start off with 80 dB of noise to get above.

Therefore you may find that you need 100 watts and will be pushing the units to their max.

I'm not saying it will not work.  But . . . "Be careful out there."

As an aside: When I was much younger I went to a bar on Division Street here in Chicago.  They had some number of shoebox speakers spread around the place at the ceiling.  It wasn't too crowded but the sound was terrible.  The door to the equipment room was open and I spied a rack of three amps with LED bar graphs.  All were going up in the yellow.

WMcD

Are you talking Karioke at a bar? Of course you are, you're not doing it in your living room.
I have a bunch of lady friends who love to do karaoke, and it's in my music room. Sounds really good, too.

Those ChorusII's are rated @ 101 db with 1 watt......yes they do bump....in a large room you might have to put some more power to them.......and they can handle it.....they will max out @1000 watts....

I will put 380 watts at them with my Carver TFM-55x and they will take it all day......I have also bridged two of my Carver M400 t's and put 500 watts at them..... each one.....the Carver amps started running a bit hot so I shut them down.....The ChorusII's took all that power with no problems......

Now I'm not saying you have throw all that power at them.......cuz let me tell ya.....100 watts..... those ChorusII are jumping....

So is it overkill.......maybe.......maybe not

The only problem I see is.....the ChorusII's are a big heavy speaker with no handles.......you also have that 15"passive rad in the back that might get damaged when moving them.

Anyway good luck......if you like bass....... then you will like them.....

MKP :-)

• Like 1

I am planning to purchase a set of Chorus II from a forum member. My application plan is for a 2 ch listening and part time karaoke speakers so my question is what do you all think of this?

Lol it's not me that does the singing. Trust me on that! It's my wife's friends that wants me to have karaoke when they come over.

Are you talking Karioke at a bar?  Of course you are, you're not doing it in your living room.

I found out long ago that moving from a small room to a big room is almost like going outside (done that too) and really requires extra power.  Also, in a bar people are a bit drunk and noisy.  So you start off with 80 dB of noise to get above.

Therefore you may find that you need 100 watts and will be pushing the units to their max.

As an aside: When I was much younger I went to a bar on Division Street here in Chicago.  They had some number of shoebox speakers spread around the place at the ceiling.  It wasn't too crowded but the sound was terrible.  The door to the equipment room was open and I spied a rack of three amps with LED bar graphs.  All were going up in the yellow.

WMcD

But of course I am doing it in my living room!

Lol it's not me that does the singing. Trust me on that! It's my wife's friends that wants me to have karaoke when they come over.

WMcD

But of course I am doing it in my living room!

then you will have a true party - these speakers are very awesome

• Like 2