WTB Klipsch KV-4 - Found - Impressions

kapsnb01

Well, I heard back from the guy in Indy and it looks like we've got a deal. Thanks everyone for your input and thanks opus for posting that link. I'll be sure to pass along my impressions once I get the KV-4 all hooked up and integrated into the system.

• Like 1

I will throw in my 2 cents as well. I have a pair of CF3's. I have had both center speakers in my room at the same time. Had the C-7 first and wanted to try the KV-4 as well. I Tried them in several configurations just for fun.

A man after my own heart!  B)

+++

Great post.  Thanks for sharing.   :emotion-21:

• Like 1

I will throw in my 2 cents as well. I have a pair of CF3's. I have had both center speakers in my room at the same time. Had the C-7 first and wanted to try the KV-4 as well. I Tried them in several configurations just for fun.

A man after my own heart!  B)

+++

Great post.  Thanks for sharing.   :emotion-21:

Always fun to try things out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The KV-4 arrived on Thursday in perfect shape. It's about as close to brand new as it could possibly be...it actually smells brand new yet. So, I know it wasn't pushed hard or used much previously...which I know it wasn't (actually a really cool story behind this one).

Impressions... First off, its huge compared to the RC-62 I had several years ago. It images perfectly with the CF-3s...ran it through Transformers AofE, 9, and Apollo 13 and the front stage is seamless. Dialogue is crisp and clear. With the entire front stage I'd say the sound feels effortless...that is, even cranking the volume it doesnt sound like the speaker is anywhere near its limits. Definitely adds something over using a phantom center setup.

I know someone mentioned that it had a hollow type sound to it. That hasn't been my experience at all with it, if anything it sounds tight and clear. Very happy with how this turned out!

post-52457-0-10540000-1433086003_thumb.j

post-52457-0-34340000-1433086020_thumb.j

• Like 5

I had no doubt it would be a stellar addition.  The only Klipsch center with 2" tweeter and 99db efficiency and a perfect match to the CF-3 make it the ideal center for your setup.

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 1