So, who's going to buy this?

tube fanatic

Somebody must be mentally ill to build that. I think they need to donate it to the volunteer fire department and burn it down.   :)

Let me throw this out there for kicks. It's only 140 million, which is a real bargain since the cost was close to 1.5 billion euros. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170886/Spains-ghost-airport-The-1BILLION-transport-hub-closed-just-years-thats-falling-rack-ruin.html

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Interesting about the ghost airport in Spain. There are supposedly entire citys in China like this with empty high rises.

I always liked this ranch, been for sale for years.

http://www.satxproperty.com/blog/vedadi-mansion-in-karnes-county.html

The one in the OP is a colossal waste. Terrible architecture in my opinion. It looks like a giant verstion of a Texas tract home.

If you are going to build a monument to yourself do it right.

post-13028-0-54700000-1432304844_thumb.j

post-13028-0-22780000-1432304907.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting about the ghost airport in Spain. There are supposedly entire citys in China like this with empty high rises.

The one in the OP is a colossal waste. Terrible architecture in my opinion. It looks like a giant verstion of a Texas tract home.

Southwind looks just fine, needs an airstrip and a couple hangers though.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

what looks like it could be the main entrance looks like it is outfitted with a doctors office type waiting room window. certainly could be that someone was thinking of an assisted living or rehab thing. 

one thought, seeing the brick wall through the studs looks like it was built on the cheap. most all of the construction i see has plywood, chip board and/or insulating sheets secured over the framing before masonry work begins.  that doesn't look right. 

the smaller building looks like it is finished out like a residence. nice pool, too. 

• Like 2

what looks like it could be the main entrance looks like it is outfitted with a doctors office type waiting room window. certainly could be that someone was thinking of an assisted living or rehab thing. 

one thought, seeing the brick wall through the studs looks like it was built on the cheap. most all of the construction i see has plywood, chip board and/or insulating sheets secured over the framing before masonry work begins.  that doesn't look right. 

the smaller building looks like it is finished out like a residence. nice pool, too. 

assisted living or rehab thing, good call  :emotion-21: 

• Moderators

Southwind looks just fine, needs an airstrip and a couple hangers though.

Airstrip for sure.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The new branch davidian compound. Not so much wood for the terrorists to be able to burn it down.

Was there last year, they rebuilt a small church several years ago that is there, a couple of the original small houses, the empty swimming pool, a memorial is there and that is just about it.

• Moderators

Bets are the home was for original commercial use and something fell through a blackhole. The place should go to house vet's, homeless, rehab facility, or mental institution.

Inwas thinking that myself, very commercial looking, with a cheep looking residential exterior that has been mega-sized.

After you said this it kind of explains a lot of things, I am thinking it may have been originally intended for something like drug rehab center and the project got killed over zoning issues.

If it was intended to be a residence from inception than it was a hugh, literally, mistake from the outset.

Convert it to a barn with hayloft.