Schmaltz

thebes

• Moderators

Thanx for reminding me Bes, something has been nagging me since back from Arz weeks ago, Barf Bags, dam man it's the item all pilots carry in their plane, like they say, (you only forget once). got a plane "Post it List" going now :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Antihistamine spray for passengers, Dramamine, paper towels, Wetones, relief tube (male and female) if no lav, extra foam ear plugs, Kleenex, Tylenol, asprin, EpiPen, Trying to remember what else I keep in my passenger comfort bag.

• Like 1

Living I Austin I would think that you might already know this..Muskrat Love was written by Willis Alan Ramsey and was on his first and only LP.  That LP is on just about every critics top 100 lps of all time. Maybe having the Captain and Tenelle(sp?)cover one of his songs blocked his creativity and he was never to reach the artistic heights of his first LP.

Check him out. Also on the LP is Northeast Texas Women, Angel Eyes, and the Ballad of Spider John as well as other songs that have been covered by many!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Living I Austin I would think that you might already know this..Muskrat Love was written by Willis Alan Ramsey and was on his first and only LP.  That LP is on just about every critics top 100 lps of all time. Maybe having the Captain and Tenelle(sp?)cover one of his songs blocked his creativity and he was never to reach the artistic heights of his first LP.

Check him out. Also on the LP is Northeast Texas Women, Angel Eyes, and the Ballad of Spider John as well as other songs that have been covered by many!

Yes indeed, I saw him at an ACL taping about 15 years ago.

America covered it first, just as Schmaltzy.

From memory, will have to go to lyrics.fm

Well I'm riding along, singing the same cowboy song that's been sung a 100 times before....

Won't you bury me with my chaps on, and my six guns strapped to my side, so I can watch the moon a hiding in the Desert Skies.

Now see you Southern gents have a great advantage right there having all of  country music to draw on.  A case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqA_pMkVqms