Chose speakers for HT in few steps

gastonacho

Hello!

First of all, I´d like to apologize do to my not very good English skills.

I´m from Uruguay, where all new fashion technology are very expensive and there is no chance to make an acoustic test.

So, here is my question:

I´d like to start my HT system starting with 2 Synergy B-20 for stereo sound.

After try for first time Klipsch sound quality, I´ll purchase center channel for 3.0 system. I have in mind the RC-52 or maybe RC-62.

Is this a good option in order to start my HT system? My Idea is to continue with the sub and later on two tower for front channel.

Thanks in advance!

My opinion after years of HT in my home. In order of importance.

Mains

Subwoofer

Surround

Front

Rears

Use the mains you have until you feel the need to replace them, then use them for surround, later for rears.

Image for the center until you need to get a center.

Sub is very important, get a good one and it will last you until you feel you need to get a second one.

Edited by GeneT

all av receivers that I know of will use the mains to "image" or create a virtual center. This actually works pretty well and better than having an unmatched center. Spend your upgrade money wisely, meaning buy quality that you will use for many years. A lot of speakers cheap is a poor choice in my opinion. Used subs and speakers is an option. Cheaper speakers work best in back, where your current B-20 could end up some day.

• Like 1

Id skip the b-20. Buy current reference premiere line if you can. Will allow you some time to piece together a system over time without searching hard for used gear. I'm sure stuff doesn't come up often over there like here. If you can get rc-62ii can you get rb-61ii?

I can get rb 61, but here those cost U$S 690!!! And I can get the old (but good reviewed) B20 for 200 from EEUU.

I want to say also that this is gonna be my fist HT system, If Klipsch sound as good as Klipsch sound lovers said, I can afford in the future those rb 61 in order to complete the 5.1 system...

But, should I go for 3.1 whit rc 62 first, or 4.1 with rb 61? I want this system for movies, then movies, and then ..... music.

If you are all about movies get you a matching front soundstage. It's important. I know you wanna save with the b-20. Problem with them is the matching center is not a very strong center. The RB-61 and rc-62 will be a very strong trio of speakers up front. I would settle for nothing less

I would recommend that you take your time in making your selections.  Where you are located, it seems that it would not be easy to correct any wrong decisions.  Where at all possible, spend time listening to the choices available to you.  If that is not feasible, then do as much research as you can.  Take your time, you will be glad that you did.