Klipsch Forte II -- DFW

J M O N

Hope somebody gets these!!!

+1   The Quartet/Forte II/ Chorus II series are very good speakers for those of us that don't have the room for big boys in the Heritage series.  I've added linen grills, glass tops and raised my Quartets about 12" or so.   I'm very happy with them but if a deal came up locally for one of their big brothers like these Forte II's, I'd likely grab them if I could.

The Forte II are awesome speakers.  They are about the same foot footprint as a Heresy, ~1" wider and ~1" shallower,. 

They also are spec'd the lowest, at 32 Hz.  They do have a rear passive, so you will need them off the wall a bit.  

$600 is high especially for just a black paint finish.  They do look in good shape though.

I may be wrong but I was thinking that they were priced lower when I first checked out the listing.  It wouldn't be the first time a seller bumped his price up after a little research.  Black isn't my favorite either.  There has been a black pair listed in the Indy area for $700 for a while now.  The Dallas pair seems priced about where most of the nicer Fortes are in this area but I don't know if they are getting their full asking price unless they are exceptional like the mint walnut pair with boxes in MI that was listed a while back.  The better deals seem to get pounced on pretty quick in most areas. :(

Edited by mwells

INMHO a pair of forte II in this shape, regardless of finish color are worth every penny of the current asking price.  Sold on average for a $1,000.00 a pair in early 90's.  A speaker that will last a lifetime and among Klipsch's best designed/balanced speakers ever.  What else comes close at $600.00 a pair?

I must admit my opinion may be biased since I pulled mine fresh out of the carton back in 92........

Best regards,

John

Chi town is right about the relative value of sound for the money. His average of a grand is lower than what I recall in the late 80's when they first came out, and I pulled my first pair out of the box.

Oldtimer. you are probably right regarding average price.  When I bought mine new in 92, I bought in conjunction with some earlier Adcom seperates, than what I own now.  Pulled the receipt and my clear oak finished forte II sold for $1,000.00 a pair at United Audio back in the day.  My actual sale price was $850.00 for the pair when discounted with the other components I bought at the time.  So perhaps the oiled finish models were $1200.00 LP?

• 1 month later...

Got bored and started cruising the forum after a long hiatus, I actually drove up from san antonio & scooped those fortes for 450. Wow, small world. Btw, they were every bit as mint as he described them. 1 owner & they really do look like they were put in a entertainment center & hadn't come out till I got em.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Got bored and started cruising the forum after a long hiatus, I actually drove up from san antonio & scooped those fortes for 450. Wow, small world. Btw, they were every bit as mint as he described them. 1 owner & they really do look like they were put in a entertainment center & hadn't come out till I got em.

Welcome to the forum! Excellent buy, great speakers! Can't wait to hear your impressions after listening to them!!!