In-Ceiling Surrounds/Backs for Heritage Fronts?

Mikie

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can suggest surround/rear speakers that mount in (or under) the ceiling and would sound decent with Khorn/Cornscala fronts.  WAF will not permit hanging big boxes (such as Heresy's) from the ceiling, but small boxes might be acceptable. I'd like to keep the cost for all 4 speakers under $1500 but could go higher if there's a big jump in sound quality. 

In August we'll move into a home with a great room.  The great room has a front wall, 1 side wall (I'll need to build a false wall for 1 Khorn), the kitchen on 1 side, and the dining area at the rear.  I'm concerned that surround/rear speakers on stands might get knocked-over.

I'd appreciate your thoughts,

Mikie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing that is going to match the timbre' or remotely keep up with the horn loaded front stage.  It will be weak.  There is no amount of eq'ing or level matching that will allow them to blend seamlessly.  Men need to put their big boy pants on sometimes or find a less fussy mate.

Timber matching is not as important for surround.  I had to bow out and move to the basement to have things the way I wanted them.  The wife was not buying in the family room, lol.  Now when she make suggestion for my space in the basement, I kindly remind her that I decide the decor and additions.

• Like 1