RF-82ii tweeters

I have a friend who says he burned out both of his RF 82ii tweeters, fused the copper wires. He may be under powering them I'm not sure what he is using to drive them I have not seen his system yet. Any suggestions on where to get replacement parts other than Klipsch? He said it happened while listening to Lil John, "turn down for what"

I have a friend who says he burned out both of his RF 82ii tweeters, fused the copper wires. He may be under powering them I'm not sure what he is using to drive them I have not seen his system yet. Any suggestions on where to get replacement parts other than Klipsch? He said it happened while listening to Lil John, "turn down for what"

With "current" model Klipsch parts, he needs to find beat up pairs that are being parted out, which I doubt he will find very often, or just go directly to Klipsch.  Cost should not be much more than $100.00/pair if I had to guess.

Bill

With "current" model Klipsch parts, he needs to find beat up pairs that are being parted out, which I doubt he will find very often, or just go directly to Klipsch. Cost should not be much more than $100.00/pair if I had to guess.

Bill

Okay, sounds good thanks. Not sure why he wasn't just calling Klipsch

With "current" model Klipsch parts, he needs to find beat up pairs that are being parted out, which I doubt he will find very often, or just go directly to Klipsch. Cost should not be much more than $100.00/pair if I had to guess.

Bill

Besides, if he bought from an authorized Klipsch dealer and within 5 years, it "should" be covered.

Bill

Bill

Besides, if he bought from an authorized Klipsch dealer and within 5 years, it "should" be covered.

Bill

He bought them from ultimate electronics when they were going out of business

"He may be under powering them"

BS, they just don't play loud enough for him.

I suggest you re-build the tweeters, and install a 211-2 automotive dome lamp in series with the hot lead to the tweeter.

Clipping damages tweeters (not because the amplifier is clipping), but because of the increase in long-term-average power during the un-clipped portion of the progarm material.

The dome lamp will not do anything until you start overdriving it for a long time (musically speaking), then it will limit the power to the tweeter in an intelligent way. Clipping will make the sound brighter (due to the additional odd harmonics added), and the dome lamp will restore more of a normal balance to the music.

Experience has shown me the dome lamp is a better solution than the PTC device used in some Klipsch models.

• Like 1