SOLD: Chorus II - Des Moines, Ia

Dingman

Hiyas Peoples:

I've come to the point of needing to sell some of my Klipsch speakers. LOL, meaning I know which ones I really want to keep, so now I know which ones to sell. :)

For Sale: (text copied from my CL ad)

Klipsch ChorusII Speakers - serial 045497976 and 045497979
I bought them used a number of years ago, and then upgraded them.
New Klipsch Passives in the back
The veneer is "Walnut Oil" - very nice, IMO.
Selling Price is $1000 (I had previously priced them to high, due to me getting my Crites XO prices wrong).

New Crites XO
http://www.critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html
http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices_-_new_crossovers.html

New Crites Titanium diaphrams in the tweeters.
http://www.critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html

The cabinets do show some wear but are still very attractive. I'm selling because these are just too large for my small room.

They are still hooked up, so obviously you can hear and test. Bring your own CD, that would be best.

I still have the original diaphragms and crossovers, so those will go with the speakers, and they are undamaged, they worked fine when removed.

I do not have boxes, bummer.

Lots of pics to show every flaw I can find, and the camera flash make them look worse than they look in real life, IMO. If you don't believe me, try it on your own equipment.

OH, and there is a hairy, white cat in the house!

I hit my limit on the photos, if you want more, let me know. Contact me with questions.

post-49933-0-80520000-1432732060_thumb.j

post-49933-0-32440000-1432732068_thumb.j

post-49933-0-01960000-1432732083_thumb.j

post-49933-0-97400000-1432732091_thumb.j

post-49933-0-33720000-1432732099_thumb.j

post-49933-0-94000000-1432732161_thumb.j

post-49933-0-43760000-1432732202_thumb.j

post-49933-0-08160000-1432732210_thumb.j

post-49933-0-06720000-1432732219_thumb.j

post-49933-0-30560000-1432732226_thumb.j

Edited by Dingman

You can price them for whatever you want, but it is unwise to reference bad pricing to justify your pricing.

The Chorus II are excellent and walnut is very sought after.  I would love a pair of walnut Chorus II. 

Good luck with your sale.

I would say put them back to stock and they would sell very quickly for 800. Then sell the mods to someone else who wants to mod their Chorus II.

I only mention that, because thats the first thing people ask around here, (Cedar Rapids area) is if they are OEM or not. Seems that most people don't want modified equipment.

Edited by Gorm
  • Like 1

True, the comparison isn't a great tactic, but might work for locals here.

The guy selling the HII's for $1K has alot of equipment listed that he's quite proud of and it seems he's got the time to sit on stuff for several years.

I'm not in a hurry either but I do want to get them sold before the end of the year. I have a few other Klipsch I need to drag out and get listed. I think I'm only going to keep the modified KLF-20's and the walnut KP-201's.

Thanks for the comments! :)

• 1 month later...

Edited first post to lower the price - now at $1000 (still high by some standards, I know. I'll keep dropping the price every 5-6 weeks until they sell).

I don't foresee removing the Crites upgrades and re-installing OEM, I just don't see the point, as I'd then be trying to sell those upgrades separately, I'd like to sell it all at once.

It's funny people don't want to pay slightly higher prices for speaker with new XO, and in excellent condition. Yet they will buy a beater and want the new xo and have some cabinet work to do.  In the end, they are probably spent more money.  GLWS, those Chrous speaker will make someone very happy.

• Like 1

It's funny people don't want to pay slightly higher prices for speaker with new XO, and in excellent condition. Yet they will buy a beater and want the new xo and have some cabinet work to do.  In the end, they are probably spent more money.  GLWS, those Chrous speaker will make someone very happy.

I may be wrong, but I think a lot of folks just want it to be their decision on whether to upgrade or not.  They enjoy doing it themselves.  I've gotten a lot of satisfaction out of cleaning up a pair of cabinets and updating the crossovers in older speakers.  From my own experience, trying to pass on the cost of upgrades to the buyer has not worked out very well but I cannot blame a seller for trying to regroup  some of that expense.   There was a pair of walnut Fortes on a local craigslist for nearly two months at $700 that had been upgraded.  The seller responded to a note I sent and said he wished he had not upgraded them which would have allowed him to sell them for around $500 or so.   I have put as much in upgrades for my Quartets as I paid for the speakers and I realize that this will not be recovered should I ever decide to sell them but that is ok....they are keepers.

That said, GLWTS.  Those are nice speakers.

• Like 2

You guys are right, it does seem that these would sell in short order at $700-800. In fact, doubly right in that I wish I hadn't upgraded them. I thought I'd be keeping them for a million years, but of course "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans".

So, I am trying to get that money back but if I don't - I'll lower the price by $100 every six weeks or so until they are gone. At that point, I'll get out another set of Klipsch (I'll have to bring them down from the farm in northern Iowa).

I have a beat set of ForteII's and a beautiful set of KP-201's. Both have the same Crites upgrades, damm!t. <sad face>

post-49933-0-52180000-1437861033_thumb.j

I have a set of Forte's with the Crites upgrade which appealed to me at the time of purchase.  These speaker are a 10/10 cosmetically and functionally.  I guess, it is up to each person makes their own decision.  I enjoyed a great set of speaker ready to be put into action as soon as I had them in the door.

If I had the room ...the money....the OK from the wife..... and the strength to lift another set of Chorus II's. I would be all over these.

I know I have a grand into mine with the Crites upgrades. Good luck with the sale

Edited by oldred

The real plus these Chorus II's have going for them in my opinion is not the upgrades it is the fact they are Walnut, You hardly ever see them in Walnut, I have been looking for a set for 4 years with no luck anywhere close to me,

davis, where are you located?