SOLD: Chorus II - Des Moines, Ia

Dingman

If I had the room ...the money....the OK from the wife..... and the strength to lift another set of Chorus II's. I would be all over these.

I know I have a grand into mine with the Crites upgrades. Good luck with the sale

Thanks man. I'm in the same boat - hurt my back badly with the last speaker move. What a drag. But I have no wife, LOL, can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

The real plus these Chorus II's have going for them in my opinion is not the upgrades it is the fact they are Walnut, You hardly ever see them in Walnut, I have been looking for a set for 4 years with no luck anywhere close to me,

I adore the walnut. I wish wish wish my KLF-20s were walnut rather than medium oak. Bah!

Nearly all of the grain on this walnut veneer is beautiful. Dang.

post-49933-0-66820000-1437875352_thumb.j

post-49933-0-20420000-1437875408_thumb.j

The problem we all have including myself, is we feel we deserve to get the investment of the upgrade back. Look at real estate for example. I tell every one of my clients selling not to expect their upgrades will return what they paid as the upgrades are done for their own enjoyment purpose. Hardwood Floors are nice, but for someone with bad knees or ankles, not so nice. Carpeting is nice for some people, not so nice for people with allergies. A 50K Kitchen is only worth 90% in price value, the saying is the upgrades only bring the product up to today's standards.Not to discourage trying to get the money for the Crites upgrades, but realistically, you won't recoup that money IMO, unless you sell them outside of the speakers,and even then, I don't think 100% return is feasible. Those are gorgeous speakers by the way.

• Like 1

The problem we all have including myself, is we feel we deserve to get the investment of the upgrade back. Look at real estate for example. I tell every one of my clients selling not to expect their upgrades will return what they paid as the upgrades are done for their own enjoyment purpose. Hardwood Floors are nice, but for someone with bad knees or ankles, not so nice. Carpeting is nice for some people, not so nice for people with allergies. A 50K Kitchen is only worth 90% in price value, the saying is the upgrades only bring the product up to today's standards.Not to discourage trying to get the money for the Crites upgrades, but realistically, you won't recoup that money IMO, unless you sell them outside of the speakers,and even then, I don't think 100% return is feasible. Those are gorgeous speakers by the wayI 

I think what you say is correct. I'm being hopeful. But when it comes to brass tacks, I'm gonna have to keep lowering the price until they sell. And if I break out the Crites, I'll be shooting for 50% on that.

I did the Crites crossovers and tweeters for a set of KG 4.2's. Knowing now what they can sell for with the upgrades and without the upgrades,I'd have left them the way they were.I'd lose 2/3's of the investment. But for my listening pleasure, it's worth it,and I can always sell them without the crossovers and tweeters, and recoup about 2/3 of their cost by selling stand alone instead of being in the speakers. Sorta like buying a car with "custom" upgrades.

Price is about right......does any one here know of another set in oiled walnut.....any where..... Got a couple sets near me......one in ebony....going for $1000.00.....another set Chorus 1....were $975.00...just dropped to $875.00.....Three years ago you could get a set for $700.00/$750.00....if you could find them / travel/and acted fast before they were gone.

I recently sold my Chorus II's with the Crites tweeters and crossovers, the guy who bought them was happy and didn't mind paying $150 extra. When I advertised them I listed 2 prices; one with everything intact and a cheaper price without the upgrades. I had at least 6 serious inquiries and each one wanted the Crites gear included.

Those are very beautiful speakers, good luck with the sale!

The real plus these Chorus II's have going for them in my opinion is not the upgrades it is the fact they are Walnut, You hardly ever see them in Walnut, I have been looking for a set for 4 years with no luck anywhere close to me,

I adore the walnut. I wish wish wish my KLF-20s were walnut rather than medium oak. Bah!

Sadly, the KLF series didn't come in walnut, it only came in black, light oak, medium oak, and mahogany.

BTW, the mahogany looks awesome, I have a pair of mahogany KLF-30s in the family room.

• Like 1

Sadly, the KLF series didn't come in walnut, it only came in black, light oak, medium oak, and mahogany.

BTW, the mahogany looks awesome, I have a pair of mahogany KLF-30s in the family room.

Gah, mahogany would be sweet! I'm gonna have to google image search that....

Yeah, that would match my room\amp so much better. I didn't even know they came in Mahogany.

My KLF's - I just wanted to take a pic to show how poorly oak and Walnut work together - now I see the two strips of veneer on the KLF's are different shades of color! Bah. I just need to keep the lights turned down. :)

post-49933-0-13100000-1437928754_thumb.j

Edited by Dingman

Yes, yes he does, and they are beautiful ...

I stumbled across a mahogany KLF-C7 center as part of a set I bought and thought it looked great. I was honestly a little confused when I first saw it, thought it wasn't even a Klipsch at first with the cover on.

post-58550-0-22180000-1437931047_thumb.j

Gah, mahogany would be sweet! I'm gonna have to google image search that....

I have seen only 4 pair of mahogany KLF-30s in the past 3 years (and I cast a wide net in searches).

There was a pair in NY/MA area, one in OH (I hooked jweber up with these), my pair from WI.

The last pair I saw was on here in FL (check out the photos):

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156875-fs-klf-30s/

I haven't seen any mahogany KLF-20, I think there was a mahogany KLF-10 in MN recently.

I have seen only 2 mahogany KLF-C7 one offered here and on  the one jjptkd mentioned.

They are not common, but worth the search.

• Like 1

I think the price is in line with recent pricing I have seen, especially since they aren't coming up as often.

I have considered buying these several times and selling my oak Chorus II (most of my Klipsch collection are walnut).

I would consider the few hundred dollar veneer upgrade worth it.

As far as upgrades, it is a personal choice.  You clearly bought the upgrades to enjoy them (an investment that you don't always recoup).

However, if you have time and include the original diaphragms and crossovers, they will sell for close to the asking price.

They do look very nice and I am sure sound as good as they look.