Reference Series System Vs. Reference Premiere System

ozzman_8

RF-7II

Thanks for your input. I am gonna go with the RF7II... I just needed some motivation from you guys... lol

I would like to upgrade my ht like yours but my wallet does not allow me to and also the chief of staff lol!

Yeah they are expensive. I've been saving for 2 years for my setup. But I know it will be worth it. Plus I'm single with no kids so, no one can tell me shit yet. lol. Good luck...

I've unfortunately only ever heard the RP series at a Fry's near my house. What I heard was good, but there were definitely not in a ideal place to really do any sort of critical listening.

What I can say for sure is the RF7/RC64 is a winning combo. I've had my these speakers for a few years now and I've been pleased as punch with that setup. Like others have said, the Reference II are on their way out, find yourself a deal and don't look back.

And the 64 is a better center

Never thought I'd hear you say something like that bout the rc-64 :P
yes while I am not a fan of the 64 for its price tag the reference premiere is a bit too laid back for center duty in my opinion. It just doesn't have the clarity my ears desire. But I'm also used to much higher caliber speakers with my cinema equipment.

Many on the forum, including myself, have not heard any Premiere speakers.

I've manhandled a few. ;)

room_zpsabe278ec.jpg

thise look familiar!

Op I have owned both series. For a theater setup I would take the rf-7ii any day if the week. RP series is sweet with music! Sweeter than the 7ii eh I doubt it. And the 64 is a better center. Stick with your original plan

Cool man. Thanks so much. By the way I have seen your theater builds. I'm a big fan of what you've done. Great job..

You can't go wrong sailing on the Flagship RF 7II and RC 64II. These bad boys can hang with the best to be had.

Yeah thats what I thought. My thoughts are pointing back in the RF7II & RC64II side. Thanks for your input...

thank you my theater adventures are due mostly to this forum lol. I was quite content with my 82's home theater until I stumbled upon this forum. Then the 63 theater was my new dream setup. Acquired it and was once happy again. Then saw the thx ultra 2 setup price and figured it HAD to be much better. It was a bit for movies but lacked for music. Then I went back to the 63 setup. I've had so many different theaters in my living room since 2012 it's not even funny.