Best way to wire RS-62ii

TheFiend1

Hey guys,

I'm curious how you guys wired your RS-62ii speakers, since they sit flush with the wall. I just bought new banana plugs from GLS and they are massive and stick out too far preventing the speaker to sit back properly on the wall.

Aside from them being to big for that, the binding post that sticks into the speaker terminal is also really big and I really have to shove it in there -- should it be that tight? I'm afraid of damaging something.

(Just realized how wrong that last sentence sounded but there was no other way to put it. Ha.)

Thanks!

• Moderators

I use bare wire on mine and ran the cables through the wall for a clean installation. No need for banana plugs for surrounds unless you plan on swapping them out often. Banana plugs are great for A/B testing so I use them on my mains, center and on the back of the receiver for convenience. Hope that helps.

Thanks guys! I originally had bare wire on it but thought maybe of doing a cleaner installation -- and also because I heard it was "bad" to leave bare copper exposed due to oxidation issues blah blah blah.

I have the rest of the RF7ii system and everything else has the banana plugs. Right now they are utiltizing the ones from Monoprice but then I got the GLS ones so they look a little nicer but im rethinking it since they are extremely tight trying to shove them into the posts.