What speakers to buy next?

CHASLS2

Looks like i have a buyer coming today for my CM9 S2's.  So i will be without spoeakers until i find a good deal on something local or buy new. Already had the RF82's 63's and 2 sets of the older 7's so they are out. Tried out the Paradigm Studio and Signature line of speakers.  I was thinking maybe B stock cherry RF7ll's as that is as big as i can go or find a used set of B&W Diamond 804's that will cost more than a new set of RF7ll's.

I would never find 7ll's local used so that is out.  I know there was one place selling B stock 7's and the RC64ll in cherry for like $3k but forgot who that dealer was.

Just not sure what to do.

Where you located? I know a dealer

Oh and what are you looking for? You just like trying new stuff out? Looking for more volume? Better bass? What kind of music?

Since your bedroom is the spot do you sit in bed and listen? Or is there a couch in there or something

Edited by Scrappydue

I would never find 7ll's local used so that is out.

Never say never. I bought two pair used.

Well sell me a pair.

You always get lucky it seems.  When i say close, i mean no longer than 80 miles.I have to risk driving in rain this time of year.

Where you located? I know a dealer

Oh and what are you looking for? You just like trying new stuff out? Looking for more volume? Better bass? What kind of music?

Since your bedroom is the spot do you sit in bed and listen? Or is there a couch in there or something

Just looking for something new to play with.  If your P37's were local for around 4k i would just about jump on them just to give them a try.  I loved the Paradigm Sig 2's and loved the B&W CM9 s2's. My older RF7's were kinda harsh and bright but would fill the roo m with pressure waves. I want big sound and this will be 90% for movies.

CHASLS2,

Here is a link, I purchased my RF-7ii b from them

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=2004&sc=57

That is the place i remember.

I just worry about shipping damage.  Price is very good for the 3 speakers and i love the looks.  Just hope they are tamed down compared to the older RF7's.  This is as big as a speaker i can go as far as size.

Heritage, like the Forte or Chorus would be a real treat for your ears.  The footprint is no worse than the RF 7II and a phantom center and you will be set.  This would be a different sound but, not harsh and great for voices.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Heritage, like the Forte or Chorus would be a real treat for your ears.  The footprint is no worse than the RF 7II and a phantom center and you will be set.  This would be a different sound but, not harsh and great for voices.

Huh?  I'm assuming Charles is concerned about the width since it's in his bedroom.

RF-7ii - 11.6" Wide

Chorus - 18.5" Wide (14" wider for a pair)

Forte - 16.5" Wide (10" wider for a pair)

Huh?  I'm assuming Charles is concerned about the width since it's in his bedroom.

RF-7ii - 11.6" Wide

Chorus - 18.5" Wide (14" wider for a pair)

Forte - 16.5" Wide (10" wider for a pair)

No way they would work.  Nothing bigger than the RF7ll's.  I think the P37's would be too deep.  The CM9s were the perfect size.

Charlie,

Why don't you go check these out?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/5049994542.html

00i0i_3IfLRAk0VHc_600x450.jpg

Maybe a stop gap pair until you find something you really want, or maybe keepers.  I would love for them to be near me just to be able to see and hear them.

Bill

Edited by willland

I know specs aren't everything
correct

they are a lot less sensitive
klipsch over inflates all the reference ratings n sensitivity they are maybe a db apart. jeff fudges NO numbers. i have heard every model he sells and met him personally. he is a one man show and depends on his products speaking for them selves. can't afford to fudge numbers like klipsch can.

do not dig as deep
8hz will be hard to notice. and i guarantee the 10's in the jtr are of a higher quality.

have a smaller tweeter
your looking at the specs again. the 1.4" driver in that is  750$ compression coaxial driver. I'm betting it costs more than all three drivers in the rf-7ii. plus a single speaker is capable of more SPL than a pair of horns. so in this instance size isn't everything. and also look at that horn size compared to the rf-7ii 8" horn. no comparisons there.

do not look near as nice
that is for sure true. however for extra jeff can have the cabinets veneered in much more finish options than klipsch offers. and they are the same gorgeous finishes you can get from seaton sound.

Am I missing something
not anymore.... ;) 

trust me youth, they really are that good. i just don't recommend them very often as they are pricey. only mention them when people want the real deal and got the moolah to spend. the 215rt i heard a couple weeks ago and they are just insane. they are capable of the same amount of bass as my quad 18's running full range just about. its something to experience. i think there is a couple florida guys with them on avs. you should put it on your bucket list. :D  

• Like 1

just to see what some of his nicer looking cabinets can look like. 

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.com/post/jtr-custom-speakers-5012941

they really are great speakers chals. maybe you can figure out a way to make them work. i have a friend who is 45 and he has no problem scooting the big 215 lb 215RT around on his carpet by himself. he just kind of walks them. and if you get the standard finish you aint gonna hurt nothing on them by doing that