Chorus 2 vs. Cornwall

Stump

I've been listening to my Heresy's, with a sub, for about 6 hours today and can't wait to get the Chorus 2's home tomorrow. I placed them in the front left and right positions of my HT, in place of my Polk's and listened to mostly music in stereo. What an incredible sound these boxes produce! Now it's kind of difficult to listen to my main HT rig with the Polk's back in place. It's like I lost a chunk of my hearing going back to them, not from the volume, but the lack of detail. I guess the Chorus 2's and Heresy's are going to the main HT position, which is where I spend the majority of my listening time these days. The Heresy's have been in my workshop, and I haven't been in there much lately, so today is the first time in quite a while that I've fired them up. It's amazing how quickly we adjust to one thing and forget another sound wise. It's not like the Polk rig sounds bad, just different. Hopefully I'll be able to swing a proper matching center channel and better sub sometime soon. I hate when that happens.

You get them home yet, Stump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got them in the house, started wiping them down and tightening all screws. Gonna hook them to the rig in a few minutes and let 'em rip. I got to hear them briefly, at pretty low volume and everything seems to be working as they should. I'll be back!

• Like 1

Finally got to give them a brief listen, after I tightened every screw, verified the crossover connections, tightened the driver to horn screws and corrected the polarity on the mids and highs of the left speaker. My verdict so far is f$)(&@g AWESOME! Huge sound, full bass and all of the detail I love about the Heresy's plus some. I'll be able to give them a good work out tomorrow while the wife is at work and the kids are at school. I must say that I certainly got my money's worth, all $450 plus three hours of drive time round trip.

I'm glad that I decided to tighten and check everything prior to firing them up, I do this with everything I get, whether used or new. Not everyone has the same level of workmanship, especially folks with little experience, though I certainly applaud their efforts to learn. I repair guitar amps, so I'm always leery of that the dangers that are inherent with the unknown, especially with voltages and current that can kill. I apply the same logic to passive gear because it's too easy to damage something that's wired incorrectly.

I must THANK all of you, who contribute your time and knowledge to this forum. I wouldn't have known how incredible these speakers are without you. THANK YOU!!! Pics coming soon.

• Like 2

I didn't say I doubted you or anyone else.  Just stating a fact that the K61 was not shown  as a fit.  That's all.  Thank you.

that is exactly why I suggested that you make a phone call so you can be provided with accurate and reliable information. You raise a concern which others reading here may now share. When you call please post your findings here so that everyone reading now or in the future will know.

I didn't say I doubted you or anyone else. Just stating a fact that the K61 was not shown as a fit. That's all. Thank you.

that is exactly why I suggested that you make a phone call so you can be provided with accurate and reliable information. You raise a concern which others reading here may now share. When you call please post your findings here so that everyone reading now or in the future will know.
I'll get right on it

Yes they fit

Edited by jimjimbo

Giving them a good workout this morning. My wife and I listened to a variety of music for about two hours last night, we haven't done that in a long time, which tells me a lot about the sound. The mids are Crites' replacements, so I'll eventually replace them with Titaniums, but that won't be for a little while. Here's a pic of the Towers of Terror, Heresy's are hooked up to the Front B output. Lol.

post-61064-0-05660000-1433432724_thumb.j

I didn't say I doubted you or anyone else. Just stating a fact that the K61 was not shown as a fit. That's all. Thank you.

I'll get right on it

Yes they fit

I installed them in my late model Heresy, in my Quartet in a set of Forte and two sets of Forte ll and two sets of KLF20. For those who are interested they make for a substantial upgrade and are interchangeable with any of the speakers mentioned and a good number of other Klipsch models which share the same mid driver. Thanks for posting.

Here's the two day update. Still sound great, but I detected a difference in sound on the right speaker, the best way I can describe it is it just wasn't as "forward" as the other one in the upper mids- into the highs. Further investigation, a full frequency sweep and thorough visual inspection, led me to the tweeter diaphragm being of a different manufacturer, possibly JBL, the negative spade connector is narrow vs. Crites, which are both the same, wider size and it is marked with both a plus and minus. Crites look to be just a positive indication at that terminal. It looks to be titanium or a similar metal, though it doesn't sound quite as good as the other. So I ordered a new pair of Titanium diaphragm's from Mr. Crites just to ensure all is well. Still rocking them out in the mean time.