LaScala II problem

deadlift

Well ok then....your happy we are all happy...lol. I still think there should be banana plugs to do this ...easy..fast...and better.   I would have asked for a discount on them if I hauled them and set them up myself. Rick

OH and congrats on the new speaks they should be toed in if that's the finale position. Let us know what you think. If they are on hard smooth floor go get some what they use to call GRIPPERS and put on bottom ... Per HDBR advice to me years ago . They will protect the floor and make a solid connection to the floor. Rick

Yes to the toe-in and at some point may add some type of footers but at 175lbs these things are not the easiest to move.  I did speak to Steve at tech and questioned the apparent discrepancy between the manual with its reference to a rear connection block and reality.   He was unsure of why this was the case but as far as he knows the connections are made on top.  I did suggest some type of plug and he said he would forward to engineering. 

I was told they did the two pieces out of concern with having a single unit weighting in at 175lbs.

If I get ambitious this weekend I will take the cover off one more time and get a picture of the crossover, I can’t find an image of it on the internet .

I can not believe Klipsch guys did not see this hook up thing being a problem. Need to make it simple and easy which is always better. All they need to do is make the wires coming out of the H/F section long enough with banana plugs on the end of them. Then you can simply plug them in and listen. How hard can it be and what would 4 male plugs and 4 female plugs cost. They already have thousands of female connectors on hand for all the speakers   DUH . Rick

• 2 weeks later...

I use DIY risers on wheels for a couple of my heavy subs.  It should work well with the La Scala and can be left under the speaker or removed for aesthetic reasons if you are in a family or living room.  It should also help with floor bounce of the soundwaves.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1