Video of our Cruise to the Bahamas

Youthman

Youth,

As always, nice photography and great editing!

I have been on several cruises including Royal Caribbean to the Bahamas. Love the private Island, but Nasa is dirty and nasty. Used to have long hair and EVERYBODY was trying to sell me drugs.

Love, Love, Love my Royal Caribbean experiences, and Celebrity Cruise Lines are nice as well.

Hate skiing in West Virginia, the only slopes worth getting on are on the other side of the mountain and I'm not real fond of riding the lift back up to your car at the end of the night either, still, we used to do Snow Shoe at least once a year because my buddies like it.

Also used to do Seven Springs at least once a year, Boyne, and Holiday Valley at least twice a year as they are all about the same distance from me. Also always used to hit Killington at least two or three times a year. One winter, I spent 52 days skiing. Holiday Valley New York is my favorite of the low vertical group that are the same distance. It has 750Ft vertical, nice glades skiing, and the Wall :)

It is clear to me from your video that if you are heading west, with your skill level that you should absolutely do the chute in Jackson Hole on your first run... Look no further than Wyoming my friend!

Roger

It is clear to me from your video that if you are heading west, with your skill level that you should absolutely do the chute in Jackson Hole on your first run... Look no further than Wyoming my friend!

As much as I love Utah skiing, the might Jackson Hole, WY is my favorite.  Still the US's longest continuous vertical skiing(4139ft)from the top of the tram to the bottom.

Bill 

Edited by willland

Island of Roatan, Belize City, and Cozumel are our ports of call. Looking forward to it!

Steven, We took this cruise for our honeymoon it was absolutely amazing.  We did the Rain Forest excursion in Honduras, Ancient Mayan Ruins cave tubing in Belize, and the Jose Cuervo Experience in Cozumel.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Roger

Hate skiing in West Virginia, the only slopes worth getting on are on the other side of the mountain and I'm not real fond of riding the lift back up to your car at the end of the night either, still, we used to do Snow Shoe at least once a year because my buddies like it.

We typically go to Snowshoe every year with our youth ministry and the last few years I opened it up to the entire church.  Reason we go there is it's the best skiing within driving distance in the SE to help keep the cost down.  The trip typically costs $425 including food.

Also used to do Seven Springs at least once a year

We did try 7 Springs one year because it was $100/person cheaper but didn't care for it.  Our cabin was bunk bed style, very rustic (meaning dumpy) and we had to walk about 100yrd to the slope.  Some slopes were really nice though.

My wife and I have actually never been out West.  Not anywhere.  Farthest west we've been as a family has been Tennessee & Alabama.  My wife and I do want to go to Colorado skiing. It's been on my bucket list for many years....just never actually made plans to do it.  We both LOVE the snow.  I snowboard, she skiis.  Appreciate the tips on good locations out West.  I'm sure anything out West will be better than what we get at Snowshoe but we still enjoy Snowshoe, especially since we don't see much snow here in Florida.  The snowboarding accident was at Smuggler's Notch in Vermont.  Very lovely skiing there.

Thanks Roger

We typically go to Snowshoe every year with our youth ministry and the last few years I opened it up to the entire church.  Reason we go there is it's the best skiing within driving distance in the SE to help keep the cost down.  The trip typically costs $425 including food.

Also used to do Seven Springs at least once a year

We did try 7 Springs one year because it was $100/person cheaper but didn't care for it.  Our cabin was bunk bed style, very rustic (meaning dumpy) and we had to walk about 100yrd to the slope.  Some slopes were really nice though.

My wife and I have actually never been out West.  Not anywhere.  Farthest west we've been as a family has been Tennessee & Alabama.  My wife and I do want to go to Colorado skiing. It's been on my bucket list for many years....just never actually made plans to do it.  We both LOVE the snow.  I snowboard, she skiis.  Appreciate the tips on good locations out West.  I'm sure anything out West will be better than what we get at Snowshoe but we still enjoy Snowshoe, especially since we don't see much snow here in Florida.  The snowboarding accident was at Smuggler's Notch in Vermont.  Very lovely skiing there.

Youth,

As stated, Jackson Hole has more vertical than anyone in the USA. If you want more, you will need to go to BC Canada for Blackcomb Whistler. Also, Jackson Hole has more Black Diamonds and Double Black Diamonds than anybody :)

Roger

• Moderators
Black Diamonds and Double Black Diamonds

Went down one of those, never again.

I left the chair lift and skied toward the signs which were close to the edge and as I passed the sign which was slightly turned the wrong way I noticed the Black Diamonds. It was to late by then, I said I went "down one" because I was not skiing I was falling at that point. I pretty much fell and rolled down the slope, at no point it could have been considered skiing.

Never made that mistake again, I always stop anytime there is an edge, if I can't see a clear slope I can handle I don't go. I am probably best off not skiing anymore to be honest, at my skill level I am dangerous to myself and anyone else around, apparently.

• Like 2

• Moderators
twistedcrankcammer, on 02 Jul 2015 - 12:46 PM, said: Black Diamonds and Double Black Diamonds Went down one of those, never again.

I enjoy them myself.  It's only been the past few years that I've felt comfortable going down them on a snowboard.  I did find out the Diamonds in Vermont are a bit steeper than the Diamonds in WV.  :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks to Dtels, I know the joy and beauty of cruising. Lets see.. been on 9 since 2011!

We didn't do anything special but go, and it has been fun

It's always fun except for that one time someone put a 12 pack of coke in there suitcase with a small lock on it.

Ok the drinks were legal and allowed but the little lock made them suspicious so they held the bag. The uncomfortable part is that night on the ship we go to look for the bag and they ask us to come in this little room. We go in and a few security guys are standing there and one of them is putting on gloves. :o Ok It's never good when anyone in security is putting on gloves and none of them seem very happy. Well it went just fine after opening the suitcase and seeing it was just soft drinks in cans that probably set off the metal detectors, they lightly looked and seen nothing else and sent us on our way.

It was really nothing, but I am not be happy about a doctor putting on gloves much less some ship security guy, so to anyone cruising do not lock your luggage, unless your fond of security guys with rubber gloves.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

• Moderators

twistedcrankcammer, on 02 Jul 2015 - 12:46 PM, said: Black Diamonds and Double Black Diamonds Went down one of those, never again.

I enjoy them myself.  It's only been the past few years that I've felt comfortable going down them on a snowboard.  I did find out the Diamonds in Vermont are a bit steeper than the Diamonds in WV.  :P

Even considering the crash which was video taped :o you still have a much higher skill level than me, really it's better if I don't ski, I am barely good enough to be dangerous. Also being older now it's probably best, I am more suited for snorkeling and laying on a beach with a cold drink, It's my new skill level and I think I can do this for a while.

Have fun Wildman, I mean Youthman, just don't cause your wife to panic if possible.  

Bahamas are cool, just watch out for the Straw Market, they will hound you until you buy something. I use a guy called IslandCharters when I'm there, rent a nice boat and captain for $75pp for a 6 hour snorkel adventure to various sites, spend time on a completely deserted beach etc. You've got to get off the beaten path. Also the Monsters of Rock go to small islands in Bahamas (there's a LOT of them) and set up a stage during their rock cruises. They have power, bars, showers etc so it's the best of modern conveniences and that blue blue water..

• Like 2

I left the chair lift and skied toward the signs which were close to the edge and as I passed the sign which was slightly turned the wrong way I noticed the Black Diamonds. It was to late by then, I said I went "down one" because I was not skiing I was falling at that point. I pretty much fell and rolled down the slope, at no point it could have been considered skiing.

Never made that mistake again, I always stop anytime there is an edge, if I can't see a clear slope I can handle I don't go. I am probably best off not skiing anymore to be honest, at my skill level I am dangerous to myself and anyone else around, apparently.

Elden,

I'd be willing to bet that I could improve your skiing a lot in just 2 or 3 weekend trips.

Roger

• Moderators

Elden,

I'd be willing to bet that I could improve your skiing a lot in just 2 or 3 weekend trips.

Roger

I don't doubt it at all, I have never taken a single lesson.

It's been years, I have changed master to hammocks, beaches and blue water, I will leave the other stuff to for y'all. I am getting pretty good at my new studies.

post-9700-0-25840000-1435957985.gif

• Moderators
Also the Monsters of Rock go to small islands in Bahamas (there's a LOT of them) and set up a stage during their rock cruises. They have power, bars, showers etc so it's the best of modern conveniences and that blue blue water..

Now that would be cool