ssshhhhh....dtel doesn't know yet....dtel family made the Klipsch blog

dtel's wife

• Moderators

babadono, yes, they are MWM bins DIY.  You can PM dtel for details....he has the plans for them!

Yes, Michael, it is a sickness.  While we love those Heresies in the Tiki Bar, we have a real hard time deciding which spealers overall are our favorites.  Each of them have their own special qualities!

Shodrewkun, we auditioned Khorns in a number of different environments....the MWM/402 beat them hands down!  We had a hard time convincing dtel that this was what we wanted.  He even made paper templates and left them on the floor for almost a week.  We told him, it didn't matter, we had heard a one channel MWM/402 set up vs. Jubs while in Hope on a visit and there was no doubt which we preferred.  I have a motto, if you don't like the way our speakers look, please do not come back!

Max2, yes, he is very modest about them!  Not quite sure why, because they sound awesome...and of course, the craftsmanship is superb!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Looks to be an extraordinarily comfortable room....lovely!

Thank you! The room was built to be comfortable and welcoming for all who visit! I'm glad that shows in the picture!!!

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks everybody, that pic is old, 2011 right after the cabinets were built, I didn't even have the amps or crossover up on the shelf yet, it's empty in the pic. The old 5 cf sub I blew up trying to keep up with the mwm's is still in the pic. 

Yes there DIY, copied off a original factory pair used for the yard, wanted them in red oak for inside.

And yes the Heresy's in the bar outside do get as much play time as anything inside, maby more, to me every speaker sounds better outside.

• Like 1