Have to go back to klispch

swa99a

Have to get them new rp260 and 440 c for home theater . This time i think i might go onkyo over yamaha.

Glad to have you back.

Remind us what you are currently using.

The new Premiere Reference looks to be a winner and have heard/read some pretty good reviews.

Bill 

Hey to run the 440 c center its 150 watts what kind of recievers do ineed imean like a 800 dollar or thousand dollar reciever. Looking to get a deal but spec wise is what i am saying. Also where do i cross over the 260 so that the mods and bass stays tight crisp and agile

Take a look at accessories4less.com.  They are some rocking deals on Onkyo, Integra, Denon, Yamaha, and Marantz.  

I would seriously consider either of these.  All are one or two year old flagship or near AVR's for unbelievable prices.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa3020bl/yamaha-rx-a3020-9.2-network-aventage-av-receiver-airplay/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtr605/integra-dtr-60.5-thx-9.2-135wpc-w/bt-wi-fi-receiver-like-tx-nr929/1.html

Bill

That Pioneer would sound nice too. Thats a good deal at that price. The Pioneer is a class D amp and will not run hot. Meaning, cool to the touch. I have a Pioneer SC 1222K and I like the way it sounds with my RF 7ii. If it has the features you want/need, I'd save the money and get this receiver.

If I were you Id spend the extra little bit of money and get the 450c. No reason to skimp on the most important speaker. I had the 260/450 combo right when they were released. It's a sweet little setup. And also I ran them in a denon 1713. Ran them to very loud levels with no problem. If I were you unless your gonna spend 599 on the denon x4000 from accesories4less get the 249$ denon x1100. Right now they are offering 3 year warranty with it! Smokin deal and will run those just fine. By the way I think I'm the only one on the forum that has first hand experience with that specific combo so I know what I'm talking about ;)

Edited by Scrappydue

I am also a fan of Pioneer avr's and will not consider switching.  The Integra is a nice avr that Willand posted.  The Pioneer's just have a grip on getting the overall sound in the room right.  The learning curve for Pioneer's is fairly easy and can be easily tweaked after room correction.

In other words, Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Pioneer all make good avr's and have their fans.  I have owned one of these companies avr or amp and can't say a bad things about any of them.  We are no help in the end, lol.

Only thing that keeps me with D&M is XT32. Its proven to do a good job and has dual sub eq. MCACC was rough at first but the Pro versions have come a long way.

And right now Dirac is putting the heat on Audyssey, who hasnt changed much in a few years.

How big does your room have to be, and far should you sit back from a 6 1/2 woofer basically the rp260 or if you sit less then 9 feet away think you have to go down to the 250 with is the 5 1/4 woofer

Edited by swa99a