Acoustic Elegance AV15X Custom Ported Sub, Amp, EQ - Cleveland, OH

Fizzlemizzle

Well, decided to sell it because I never really use it and would like to downsize to a more sensible size for my space restraints. Some of you here will be familiar with the Acoustic Elegance AV15X driver and its deserved praise. It's extremely efficient while having good/great maximum excursion (23mm) and a low resonant frequency which makes it well-suited for music AND home theater applications.

The box isn't pretty but it's solid with good internal bracing and a 17.5x2x26" slot port which brings the tuning of the (approx) 10 cubic foot internal volume to 19hz. The box is constructed from 3/4" MDF with an extra 1/2" to the front baffle and 2 windows braces about 1/3 and 2/3 the height for the enclosure for rigidity. The final volume and tuning were determined with the input of several knowledable members both here on the Klipsch forums and on other Subwoofer forums. The AE AV15X driver is flawless and was babied; I don't think I ever went above half of the rated excursion.

Included is everything required to connect to your Receiver's SUB OUT and go: Driver/Enclosure, Behringer EP2500 Amp, Elemental Designs EQ.2 Preamp/EQ, 12ga speaker wire and RCA to XLR cable. Would maybe consider trading for a smaller custom subwoofer but am mainly interested in my current main hobby of Firearms. Advanced specs can be provided and I could install WinIsd upon request to model the Response/Excursion/Port Velocity and all that stuff. Off the top of my head I believe the F3 is sub-20hz with the neccessary HPF active and will still have significant output down into the Teens. It's extremely musical and clean - this is an excellent match with efficient Klipsch speakers and can match the output of just about anything.

'

Asking $600

post-20218-0-44420000-1433460864_thumb.j

post-20218-0-69340000-1433460874_thumb.j

post-20218-0-55580000-1433460882_thumb.j

Edited by Fizzlemizzle

• 2 weeks later...