DELIVERING GIFTS!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

We wanted to update everyone and let you know what we did with the collection we took up while at Rodney's for the Klipsch Employee Appreciation Days.

We will make a couple of posts and attach pics. 

All of the signs pictured are constructed of multiple boards using red cedar and painted using Rustoleum 2X paint which makes them suitable for indoor or outdoor use.  All of the signs are have wire attached to the back and are ready to be hung.  The "Rodney's Place" sign and the "Pool Rules" sign are 18"x24".  All of the other signs are 12"x24".  All of the signs are "distressed" to make them appear aged, except the "Pool Rules" sign and the "Close the gate" sign.  Those will definitely be placed outdoors and will be allowed to "weather" naturally.

I talked to Brie', also known as Mangofirst here on the regular forum to get input on some of the signs.  She also clarified that Rodney prefers the property to be called "Rodney's Place and wants it to be known for the fishing.  He no longer does mud bogging.

Some of the signs are general purpose signs that Brie' saw a need for, such as the swimming pool sign, the "NO FREELOADING ZONE" sign, the sign about stealing and the sign about picking up after yourself.  The no freeloading sign was requested due to the increasing number of "freeloaders" coming and borrowing money, etc.  The sign about stealing was requested because a number of items, including Rodney's grandson's gun have been stolen from the clubhouse.  The sign about picking up after yourself is self explanatory.

Those of you that attended know there were two entrances to Rodney's clubhouse from the highway.  He has blocked off the road and everyone must now enter through the gate near his mother's home.  The "Close the gate" sign will be hung by the gate to remind visitors to close the gate so Rodney's cows don't get out. 

The other signs were ideas that Elden and I came up with from following Rodney's Facebook page. 

There are also two mirrors and the frame are sand blasted etching.  The PWK mirror is 20" across and the mirror with the outline of the state of Arkansas and bass is 30" across, with metal frames and are hung by rope. (the way they came)  There is also an etched glass frame piece.

We will be traveling to Bodcaw, AR this week to deliver these items to Rodney.  The components for Rodney's system were delivered to Roy today and the speakers should be in Roy's lab tomorrow or Wednesday.  Hopefully we will be able to surprise Rodney, assist with the install and get pics for everyone.

I want to thank all of you for helping.  We could not have accomplished this without your help!

I have sent pictures to Roy and to Brie'.  They are both extremely excited for Rodney!

Rodney has no idea this is happening!!!!  We posted here so all of you would know our plans and will be posting on the regular forum during the weekend and upon our return.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ANYWHERE, EXCEPT THIS THREAD.   RODNEY DOES HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE AND WE ARE NOT SURE IF HE VISITS OUR FORUM ANONYMOUSLY.  WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THIS A SURPRISE. 

Christy

post-17944-0-18340000-1433815963_thumb.j

post-17944-0-06820000-1433815996_thumb.j

post-17944-0-14380000-1433816017_thumb.j

post-17944-0-64660000-1433816044_thumb.j

post-17944-0-75460000-1433816074_thumb.j

post-17944-0-34020000-1433816138_thumb.j

post-17944-0-91300000-1433816170_thumb.j

post-17944-0-00060000-1433816204_thumb.j

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

Very very cool! I'm sure Rodney will be pleased with those. Looking forward to seeing them posted around Rodney's place. Thank you from myself and Otis for all that you have done for our wonderful and gracious host.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't find the thread where we posted about the speakers and the components, so here's the history on that.

Disclaimer:

I will be using the word "I" quite a bit in this post for ease of posting.  Everything that was done was done on behalf of our group.  I want to say again, that none of this would be possible without each and every one of you.  

After we returned from Hope in April I contacted Trey and brought him up to date on the awesome time we had.  I explained to him that Rodney had no audio equipment.  I asked if there was any possibility he could get with Roy and come up with a pair of speakers from the plant that could be refurbished and donated to Rodney for the hospitality he had shown us.  Trey told me no problem.

Within ten minutes, Trey called me back, said that he had spoken to his boss and told him of our get together, the meals we provided for plant workers and that we had taken up a collection on our own to show Rodney our appreciation.   After hearing our story Trey's boss issued a work order for a brand new pair these speakers http://www.klipsch.com/ki-362  forwarded it to the Hope plant.  Klipsch donated the speakers to our group to give to Rodney as a show of our appreciation.  I believe these speakers were auditioned for our group as part of the factory tour.

I had told Trey about our Pay It Forward account and told him that we were going to donate the funds to Rodney.  Trey repeated the same words that several of Rodney's closest friends had told me, "He probably won't take the money.!"  I realized Rodney had no gear to power speakers and offered our "Pay it Forward" funds to purchase the necessary components.  

Trey and Roy got together to "engineer" the system and these are the components they recommended.  The components were ordered and shipped directly to Roy.  The components were delivered to Roy on Monday of this week and the speakers should be in Roy's lab either today or tomorrow.  

Roy will be presenting the speakers and components, as well as all of the gifts we are bringing to Rodney on Friday night at Rodney's Place.  Hopefully the install will take place Friday night or Saturday, while we are there and we can get pics of that also.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/QSC-PLD4-2-Multi-Channel-System-Processing-Amplifier-109311514-i3193099.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mackie-Mix8-8-Channel-Compact-Mixer-110594058-i3870807.gc

I hope all of you are pleased with the decisions we made regarding our "Pay it Forward" fund!!!

AGAIN, THIS IS A SURPRISE FOR RODNEY!!!!  HE HAS NO IDEA HE IS RECEIVING THESE!!!

Thank all of you for allowing us to be a part of this!  We are so excited and can not wait to post some pics for all of you.

• Moderators

That is really strange that they won't work from your phone.  Thank you all for the kind words.  

We hope everyone is happy with the decisions we made for the initial collection we took up while at Rodney's, as well as the decision to purchase the components.  It just seemed the right thing to do when Klipsch so generously donated the new speakers.

We are very excited about delivering everything and helping with the install of the speakers!  Can't wait to see Rodney's face!  

Edited by dtel's wife

• Moderators

We arrived at Rodney's last night about 7:30 pm. In true Rodney fashion, dinner was ready within fifteen minutes of our arrival! Juicy, thick, smoked pork chops, grilled chicken wrapped in bacon, homemade mashed potatoes with some of the best gravy ever, green beans straight out of the garden, cooked to perfection, some of Joe's fresh from the garden corn on the cob, and lastly a medley of cucumber, squash and onions.

Kevin Harmonds is here with his 600s but they aren't set up yet. We plan on doing that today.

I have to tell y'all, last night one of Rodney's regulars said "we need some music"! Shortly thereafter someone pulled their truck into to the clubhouse, opened the doors in the truck and turned up the volume.

OMG!!! After Friday night, we will have no more of that BS!!!

Rodney thinks we are here to celebrate his daughter, Shelli's birthday this weekend! He has no clue and quite frankly, I could not be happier. The man continues to amaze us with his generosity and hospitality.

We are staying in the lake house this weekend. I am saddened at that way many have abused this beautiful place. I will be making a trip to Hope, AR and intend to leave the lake house just a little better than we found it. Please don't misunderstand. It is beautiful and quite simply the craftsmanship is amazing, but it is obvious that so many before us just did not appreciate the opportunity to stay here!

Finally, an Arkansas sunrise was never on my bucket list, but it definitely should have been. I am continually amazed at the beauty our Creator has endowed us with. Breathtaking! Put it on your list if you haven't already done so.

Hoping I can contain my excitement until Friday night! I wish each and everyone of you could be here with us. Please excuse any typos. On my iPhone...

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

Rodney's gonna love it!  How could he not?  You guys did great putting this all together.  Thanks for the hard work.  Your efforts represent all of us who were there in April in the best possible way to show our appreciation to Rodney.  The Klipsch Forum rocks!

• Like 1