Weight of a Lascala speaker?

• 2 weeks later...

"two guys can easily move the, the back is exposed just above the bass bin, place one hand there and the other inside of the bass horn, below the squawker horn."

+1

A K43 adds about 6lbs over a standard LS, maybe 130lbs.

The LSI with fiberglass, aluminum trim, and the K43 will be about 150lbs.

I used to handle a pair of LSI with fiberglass, aluminum trim, and the K43. Their call-out for packing in the bus was "the BBMF's". Do not yell out for "the BBMF's" when taking them down the fire-escape from a third-floor bar called "So's Your Mother" at 3AM where the bar's address is on MLK Parkway.

• Like 1

"two guys can easily move the, the back is exposed just above the bass bin, place one hand there and the other inside of the bass horn, below the squawker horn."

+1

A K43 adds about 6lbs over a standard LS, maybe 130lbs.

The LSI with fiberglass, aluminum trim, and the K43 will be about 150lbs.

I used to handle a pair of LSI with fiberglass, aluminum trim, and the K43. Their call-out for packing in the bus was "the BBMF's". Do not yell out for "the BBMF's" when taking them down the fire-escape from a third-floor bar called "So's Your Mother" at 3AM where the bar's address is on MLK Parkway.

Thats funny!  Not PC maybe , but funny.... :)

Sure 2 can handle easily... I carried mine upstairs by myself one step at a time.  I probably won't try that going down.  From the picture it looks like they are lifting it down from a height.  If only two people are lifting from over head and one of them slips they are screwed.  Get a third for safety.  If no heights or stairs involved then two will make it easy work.

Like Bill Engval's Dad used to tell Bill when he was a young'un  "Don't lift that boy, it weighs a S**tload".

But seriously, I made plywood outer carrying cabinets for my LaScalas back in the day. Lined them with felt to protect the birch cabinets. Probably added to the weight 50 %. A buddy and I carried those things all over hell's half acre. Never had to lift'em overhead though.

Edited by babadono