WTB: Cornwall's in nice condition. Chicago Area

mark61107

I'm looking for fairly priced pair of Cornwalls or perhaps similar.  I haven't had too much look searching CL, Audiogon, etc.  I saw reference to Klipsch community and thought I'd drop in and ask for some advice and perhaps leads.  I moved recently into a house with a 32' X 34' main living room with a 24' high ceiling, so a pretty big room.   I'm running a Denon AVR 2802 that does 90w x 6 channels or 135w x 2 channel. For speakers I'm using a more recent Klipsch surround sound system which does ok with movies but isn't cutting it with music.  I was knocked out when I heard some friends KHorns and LaScalas.  My roomate had Heresy's back in school and I loved the sound of those too. I'm interested is a pair speakers from the heritage line to replace my surround sound set up. They have to be able to fill up the room.  And honestly I'm more of a rock/classic rock guy than a classical guy.  I'd appreciate any advice or leads.  Thank you.

Mark

Rockford, IL

I'm looking for fairly priced pair of Cornwalls or perhaps similar.  I haven't had too much look searching CL, Audiogon, etc.  I saw reference to Klipsch community and thought I'd drop in and ask for some advice and perhaps leads.  I moved recently into a house with a 32' X 34' main living room with a 24' high ceiling, so a pretty big room.   I'm running a Denon AVR 2802 that does 90w x 6 channels or 135w x 2 channel. For speakers I'm using a more recent Klipsch surround sound system which does ok with movies but isn't cutting it with music.  I was knocked out when I heard some friends KHorns and LaScalas.  My roomate had Heresy's back in school and I loved the sound of those too. I'm interested is a pair speakers from the heritage line to replace my surround sound set up. They have to be able to fill up the room.  And honestly I'm more of a rock/classic rock guy than a classical guy.  I'd appreciate any advice or leads.  Thank you.

Mark

Rockford, IL

Too bad you're so far away. I have a nice pair in South Carolina

The Cornwalls will rock, but many here will point you to the Chorus II that has a much tighter bass. Not Heritage exactly but close to it. They can fill a room, too.

With that kinda space, you might look into some other options like the K-horns or Scalas. For me, they need an added subwoofer.

Some other things to consider is your budget and how far you're willing to travel. Some guys around here go cross country!

Welcome to the Forums!

Edited by Mr. Clark

The Cornwalls will rock, but many here will point you to the Chorus II that has a much tighter bass. Not Heritage exactly but close to it. They can fill a room, too.

With that kinda space, you might look into some other options like the K-horns or Scalas. For me, they need an added subwoofer.

Some other things to consider is your budget and how far you're willing to travel. Some guys around here go cross country!

Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks Mr. C.  I haven't heard the Chorus I or II in person but see they are popular among forum members.  They could be an option for me. I'd like to hear them in person.  I would love to have some K-Horns but the living room in my house doesn't have two suitable corners so I think they are out.  I would also consider La Scalas.  I have a powered Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer with my current system that I could use with them I think.   As i watch the various on-line sites I'm looking for all of the above. I'm looking for a pair in nice shape and would like to stay under $2k.  As for travel distance, the closer the better but 200-300 mi. from Chicago isn't out of the question.  Thank you for your advice--I appreciate it!

For that kind of money, you should be able to find a great pair close by. One of the forum members might let go a nice pair for that money. I'll keep a look out, but you should try search tempest. Google it and put in your zip code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For that kind of money, you should be able to find a great pair close by. One of the forum members might let go a nice pair for that money. I'll keep a look out, but you should try search tempest. Google it and put in your zip code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try Search Tempest.  I'd like to stay as far below max budget as I can but am willing to pay a fair value.  I'm planning to keep them a long time.  Thank you again!

Mark

Rockford, IL

STICK WITH THE CHORUS 2 - for rock

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the Cornwall vaults are probably still out there somewhere. If you strike a deal with a forum member who's far away (like South Carolina), the vaults will ensure their safe arrival.

Jeff

Jeff,

I don't know what you mean by Cornwall vault?  Thx.

Keep in mind that the Cornwall vaults are probably still out there somewhere. If you strike a deal with a forum member who's far away (like South Carolina), the vaults will ensure their safe arrival.

Jeff

Jeff,

The vaults are specifically designed shipping boxes for Cornwalls. With your 2k price search, I would think La Scalas or even Khorns could be found. You need the help of Opusk2k9, a member here who is "The Man" when it comes to Klipsch speaker acquirements! Good luck.

Edited by Ceptorman

Jeff

Jeff,

The vaults are specifically designed shipping boxes for Cornwalls. With your 2k price search, I would think La Scalas or even Khorns could be found. You need the help of Opusk2k9, a member here who is "The Man" when it comes to Klipsch speaker acquirements! Good luck.

Ceptorman,

I did get in contact with Opusk2k9.  He has shared some good info/advice.  The search continues.  Thanks!

forte and Chorus woofer surrounds are INVERTED roll butyl rubber type, and the passive had accordian-type surrounds. Those appear to be either not original Klipsch woofers/passive woofers or ones that have had new surrounds added incorrectly. Might sound ok but not stock parts most likely. 

• Like 1

Wait which picture on the C-list ad are you looking at? And how can you tell?

This photo, it would not be rounded and sticking out if they were Klipsch originals.

That little overextending lip around the edge? Is that what you're talking about?