EPIC FIVE DAYS!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

It is a farm so they picked a little corn, we helped shuck, and make creamed corn so they could put some up, but they did cook some for us. 

1140 ears of corn total, and it felt like more. :blink:  :lol: It wasn't 1/5 of what was planted, and we were glad they didn't pick any more. :)

Before we left that Sunday they made us wait a few minutes, they went and picked more and gave everyone a few bags to bring home, it was really good a couple of days later.

post-9700-0-08700000-1435298307_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-42940000-1435298327_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-44060000-1435298359_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-45460000-1435298399_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-84500000-1435298428_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Moderators

If Steve makes it there next April I will too. 
oh, the pressure’s on me now Chuck. You probably should get there before me, because when i roll up Rodney will order the barn doors locked.

Nah, it's like Motel 6, we always leave the barn doors open and the lights on for everyone!  Yes, the pressure is on both of you.  Seems like a few of us that attended are getting PMs regularly from members wanting to attend.  

Also, looks like this year's event in April will be the 70th year anniversary for Klipsch!  The challenge is on for everyone to make this one!

Christy

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like a fun time.  If Steve makes it there next April I will too. 

Nice looking beer mugs you guys gave Roy!

Ha!  It was all fun and games till the corn shucking began!  Just kidding, we all enjoyed that part of our trip too!  I will say 1140 ears of corn is very intimidating and a heck of a lot of work.  We made the five or six hour task pass fairly quickly with good conversation, lots of laughter and of course....a few drinks!

We had several work stations set up for the corn.  It's a good thing there was about 20 or so of us between our group and some of Rodney's regulars!  Some did the shucking, another group washed and brushed the silk away, another group cut the kernels off and yet another group scraped the "cream" out of the kernels (that's the pic where we are using the spoon).  I've honestly never made cream corn before so it was quite an experience. I helped out for the first hour or so ....but then became the "beer runner"!  Running back and forth to the cooler in the kitchen and keeping the beer flowing was the only way to keep some of them working! :o

Roy absolutely loved his mugs.  He must have thanked us four or five times.  I think the smile on his face said it all!

Nope, still just have my old stuff. Would love a nice J45 or sweet D-28. I miss a jumbo body with that nice thumpy bass. I love my Taylor 812C, but a concert just doesn't have that FULL tone.

My '74 Guild is nice but kinda the same.

Thinking of what I want to take to the Philippines when we retire and move.

• Moderators

Being a family event sounds great to me...

My wife even suggested that we try to attend, so the pressure is on.

Bruce

Being a family event sounds great to me...

My wife even suggested that we try to attend, so the pressure is on.

Bruce

Wow, now they’re calling in the big shots. Hope you make it Bruce…any new guitars lately?

Looks like the pressure is on BigStewMan!   Bruce, please consider bringing a guitar with you!  I'm so excited to all the interest in next year's event!  It will be awesome.  Hoping a lot of our old friends will show up and a lot of new ones!

Thinking of what I want to take to the Philippines when we retire and move

what’s the quality of the locally made guitars over in the Phillipines? 

you can’t go wrong bringing any of those that you mentioned.  You know I’m a fan of Taylor; but, that D28 does dig deeper and very nicely too. Is your 812 a cutaway?