EPIC FIVE DAYS!

dtel's wife

I want to do this for Rodney and the gang for their hospitality and welcoming this total stranger. Also for making Sunday morning something special for me. Made more so, by Rodney not knowing he was doing so. He was just being Rodney. It could have been a totally devastating morning hearing my mother had just passed away, but Rodney made it somewhat therapeutic for me, by being out in nature, showing his property and telling stories, in his soft spoken voice.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't possibly express how glad dtel and I were to see you and Travis truly enjoy the experience. I was also raised in the country and there is no better feeling than to stand surrounded by such beauty and surrounded by people that truly care. Rodney is truly a man among men! His kindness and generosity are something you just don't see every day.

I'm so glad you made the trip Luther. It was great seeing you again. I'm glad we were all there for you. Again, my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.

I can't possibly express how glad dtel and I were to see you and Travis truly enjoy the experience.
This Rodney cat sounds like he’s a real cool dude. If by Travis, you’re referring to dwilawyer--I KNOW he’s a cool dude.  Hello Travis if you’re reading this. I’m happy that all who attended seem to have had a really enjoyable time.

Steve

• Like 2

• Moderators

Oh wow! I'm so glad to hear from you BigStewMan! You must make plans to come next year! Yes, dwilawyer!!!

Thank you…right now, i’m hoping to make it through next week.  Couple of scares this week.

Shoot me a PM BigStewMan! We've been worrying about you!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Of course food is an important part of any get together.  Kevin Harmon's friend Lonny treated us to some home cooked jambalaya on Thursday night.  Friday evening dwilawyer boiled up four sacks of crawfish that were brought in from Lafayette by Kevin's brother, Brandon and Saturday, Lonny played chef and fixed us some of the best tasting crawfish and shrimp etouffee we've ever eaten. 

Dwilawyer and Lonny both worked hard preparing us meals each night and of course, both did a wonderful job.  Thank you to all that helped in preparing our meals.

post-17944-0-77060000-1434786603_thumb.j

post-17944-0-82380000-1434786638_thumb.j

post-17944-0-12020000-1434786678_thumb.j

post-17944-0-90980000-1434786711_thumb.j

post-17944-0-79580000-1434786753_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators

Any forum members half way between North Carolina and Rodney's willing to put up the lady friend and me for the night?   Sorry guys it has to be both of us :).

Would be nice to break up the 16 hour drive.

Might help if you can tell everyone the route you will be taking! Y'all are welcome here, but I'm certain we are not on any route you would take!!! Lol

• Like 1

Any forum members half way between North Carolina and Rodney's willing to put up the lady friend and me for the night?   Sorry guys it has to be both of us :).

Would be nice to break up the 16 hour drive.

I will Chuck…if you’re doing like Supertramp suggests and taking “The LONG way home."

• Like 2

• Moderators

I can't possibly express how glad dtel and I were to see you and Travis truly enjoy the experience.

This Rodney cat sounds like he’s a real cool dude. If by Travis, you’re referring to dwilawyer--I KNOW he’s a cool dude. Hello Travis if you’re reading this. I’m happy that all who attended seem to have had a really enjoyable time.

Steve

Thank you Steve, we had a wonderful time and I really hope you can make it to the next event out there.

Travis

• Like 2

This Rodney cat sounds like he’s a real cool dude. If by Travis, you’re referring to dwilawyer--I KNOW he’s a cool dude. Hello Travis if you’re reading this. I’m happy that all who attended seem to have had a really enjoyable time.

Steve

Thank you Steve, we had a wonderful time and I really hope you can make it to the next event out there.

Travis

i’ll try; but, I’m on the lam right now.  i VERY rarely open my mail…in fact i don’t even look at it. Tonight something told me to look at a stack that my brother brought in.  A notice saying that i failed to report to jury duty.  Guess i’d better contact them “immediately” as indicated.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

We found out last time we were there Roy did not get a glass, so we asked and this kind was his favorite. It has the pie logo and something else just for him. 

Still need to get ahold of Trey and see what kind he would like.

post-9700-0-87020000-1435294405_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-37460000-1435294432_thumb.jp

• Like 1