LaScala Industrial split

Bytown Boogie

in good working condition, some  bass bins are clones, with drivers identical to original or upgraded with a cast basket and substantially heavier magnet.  come with one pair extra bass bins free ( that may not have a driver or that needs repair)  I used to run them a wedding receptions and dances with two bass bins and 1 high end per side - so the regular drivers did a good job as they shared the load, if I needed to save space in the truck I would use the bass bins with upgraded drivers. As I acquired other Klipsch models the LaScalas fell out of rotation/utilization. I used to have over a dozen pair.

Asking $550 a pair.

My location is near Ogdensburg NY

B,

post-61263-0-18240000-1434686474_thumb.j

• Like 1

These would have the trapezoid tops, looks like most of them are the painted variety. I've always preferred the fibreglass once LS-BG-S, but for that price you can't hardly go wrong. Currently own a minty pair with a third for outdoor cinema LCR.   The extra bass bins he's offering make it a doubly sweet deal. I've got all kinds of posts in the Pro section on how to get inside the danged top bins, revamp the xover, or how to add the cast frame basket woofers. 

GLWS - go get em guys!

• Like 1

Yes, they are all trapezoid tops, the split LSI only came in that configuration I believe. I had one pair of La Scalas that were all in one and they are awkward to move and load. and the X-over was exposed.

I found that the mounting bracket to secure the midrange at the back of the cabinet had a tendency to crack and break so I had a machine shop fabricate a much more substantial version out of aluminum extrusion.

Hi Ends are painted with aluminum trim, he bins are a combination of fiberglass / painted or ABS on the top only. I mounted spring loaded surface mounted handles to facilitate moving and building the stacks safely and quickly. They are attached with T nuts and machine screws. I have 6 pairs at least. Note that I installed fast trip circuit breaker as it was a pain replacing the fuses for the tweeters. Miss-use of the microphone by walking in front of the speakers was usually the cause.  And the operators if they ran out of 1.5 amp (?) fuses would substitute the 5 amp ( that's 2.5 amp per BB - remember I used double stack) - which is almost as bad as wrapping a blown fuse with the foil from a cigarette pack ( burn off the paper first). The show must go on!  Anyway the circuit breakers work great.

• Like 1

Yes fuses suck in pro speakers. Good job with the handles and modifications. 

Actually later split versions were made with pebble paint, rubber edge guards and corners and square 2x2x1' top sections with matching corner/edge guards or routed corners and just paint only. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

almost a year on this post

i'm looking for a pair of industrial la scala splits like this ones i know that maybe this ones are not available any more but if you know where i can find it just cool!

thanks!

Where are you located?

• 4 weeks later...

in good working condition, some bass bins are clones, with drivers identical to original or upgraded with a cast basket and substantially heavier magnet. come with one pair extra bass bins free ( that may not have a driver or that needs repair) I used to run them a wedding receptions and dances with two bass bins and 1 high end per side - so the regular drivers did a good job as they shared the load, if I needed to save space in the truck I would use the bass bins with upgraded drivers. As I acquired other Klipsch models the LaScalas fell out of rotation/utilization. I used to have over a dozen pair.

Asking $550 a pair.

My location is near Ogdensburg NY

B,

Are any of these still Available?? Even looking for just the bass horn cabinet and no driver if boxes are left.

Anyone?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, Edogg said:

Cully, I wish I had stumbled upon this years ago. I’m in Vancouver WA looking for La Scalas and or parts and pieces 

Yes, topic is a little long in the tooth by now. If want, start you a wanted advert in our garage sale section here  @Edogg...

We have members up there.

Welcome!