VIDEOS of your setup. HT or 2 Channel.

Scrappydue

Okay this morning I decided to try something I thought for sure would NOT work... It did. I removed one of the feet from the 82's and spun the other one around making it a three point foot setup.

This allowed me to siamese the speakers. I still have the tweeter of the KLF's diabled. Glad I tried it because it's gonna be this way for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUimYfptXY

Edited by cradeldorf
  • Like 2

Okay this morning I decided to try something I thought for sure would NOT work... It did. I removed one of the feet from the 82's and spun the other one around making it a three point foot setup.

This allowed me to siamese the speakers. I still have the tweeter of the KLF's diabled. Glad I tried it because it's gonna be this way for awhile.

i guess i don't get what you are trying to accomplish with two different sets of speakers next to each other with part of one set completely disabled?

• Like 1

i guess i don't get what you are trying to accomplish with two different sets of speakers next to each other with part of one set completely disabled?

Just trying to make the best of what I have, Can't get anybody to buy the 82's unless I'm willing to give them away and I'd rather keep them than do that. And having both tweeters going right next to each other kinda blurs the sound a little bit. The 82's horns are sufficient for that part of the spectrum but the KLF woofers add to the deepness of LFE's in movies. And the mids which I thought for sure wouldn't play nice together actually ended up doing so.

Just trying to make the best of what I have, Can't get anybody to buy the 82's unless I'm willing to give them away and I'd rather keep them than do that. And having both tweeters going right next to each other kinda blurs the sound a little bit. The 82's horns are sufficient for that part of the spectrum but the KLF woofers add to the deepness of LFE's in movies. And the mids which I thought for sure wouldn't play nice together actually ended up doing so.
makes sense to me now. I have lots of stuff I hang on to cause people just want stuff for free seems like. I have got some insane offers on the palladium stuff. I'd rather let the stuff just sit.
  • Like 1

makes sense to me now. I have lots of stuff I hang on to cause people just want stuff for free seems like. I have got some insane offers on the palladium stuff. I'd rather let the stuff just sit.

Sadly if I was in your shoes I'd keep them too, I know they were insanely expensive and I couldn't bear taking that kind of loss. Stay hip Scrappy.

My goal is to enjoy all of the benefits that the RF-7 II's have to offer while at the same time mitigating the signature of the horn. I've found that toeing in the RF-7 II's (to any significant degree) will make it super easy to identify the horn. Not only that, but doing so also tends to result in a much brighter presentation - something that I feel the RF-7 II's need no help with. :D

A lot of us don't aim the horn directly at our ears.  I find it to be a much more pleasurable listing experience.

• Like 1

this song is performed by a guy that works at the guard house of the association where I live here in Vegas. BIG Hawaiian guy that does the recording himself and performs around town locally... I asked him to give me one of his demo's.

The camera doesn't record Bass at all, but in person it is really kicking a lot of bass.

digital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcimY4a_T68

Got another one...

vinyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0gUC20QplU

Edited by Schu
  • Like 2

this song is performed by a guy that works at the guard house of the association where I live here in Vegas. BIG Hawaiian guy that does the recording himself and performs around town locally... I asked him to give me one of his demo's.

The camera doesn't record Bass at all, but in person it is really kicking a lot of bass.

Got another one...

i only watched the first one but man I love it!!!!

My goal is to enjoy all of the benefits that the RF-7 II's have to offer while at the same time mitigating the signature of the horn. I've found that toeing in the RF-7 II's (to any significant degree) will make it super easy to identify the horn. Not only that, but doing so also tends to result in a much brighter presentation - something that I feel the RF-7 II's need no help with. :D

A lot of us don't aim the horn directly at our ears.  I find it to be a much more pleasurable listing experience.

I aim the horns in my setup to a point between my first, and 2nd row lined up with the MLP.

this song is performed by a guy that works at the guard house of the association where I live here in Vegas. BIG Hawaiian guy that does the recording himself and performs around town locally... I asked him to give me one of his demo's.   The camera doesn't record Bass at all, but in person it is really kicking a lot of bass.   digital   https://www.youtube....h?v=GcimY4a_T68
 dude i love it! if i give you some money for a disc and pay for shipping you care to send me a copy? or maybe another way to share? not sure i don't do much digital music sharing :(

i can send you mp3 or 4 for free... no digital at all?

One way to do it... Get a Mediafire account (free), upload the file. Send a link for download, and then delete it after it has been downloaded if you choose.