VIDEOS of your setup. HT or 2 Channel.

Scrappydue

sounds great man welcome! Have you ever tried pulling them 7ii's out a bit and letting them breathe? And maybe even spread em out a little with some toe in? Just a thought. Maybe room is too small or something. I've been there before lol

Hey Scrappydue,

Thanks for the warm welcome.   Since I don't want to derail the thread, I'll attempt to answer your questions as efficiently as possible:

I see where you're coming from with regards to my room.  Usually giant speakers like the RF-7 II's need some space to strut their stuff.  Space that I wish I had. Thankfully, my listening room boasts of unusually good acoustics. The RF-7 II's sound supremely open and balanced in this room - even on the low end! 

As for why I don't have them toed further in:  My goal is to enjoy all of the benefits that the RF-7 II's have to offer while at the same time mitigating the signature of the horn.  I've found that toeing in the RF-7 II's (to any significant degree) will make it super easy to identify the horn. Not only that, but doing so also tends to result in a much brighter presentation - something that I feel the RF-7 II's need no help with. :D

Edited by Zero
  • Like 1

Love this idea.

I'd make one of my HT setup, but y'all would skewer me (see my sig)

:ph34r:

Why? So you own Jamo...and?  Feel free to share! I used to sell Jamo before they were bought by the Klipsch group. I enjoy all types of speakers ...not just Klipsch. Klipsch just happens to be my preference to own right now (and because they are easy to mod, they happen to be a very fun brand to own as well)!  I'd call Klipsch Heritage the Harley Davidson of the speaker world!  

sounds great man welcome! Have you ever tried pulling them 7ii's out a bit and letting them breathe? And maybe even spread em out a little with some toe in? Just a thought. Maybe room is too small or something. I've been there before lol

Hey Scrappydue,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Since I don't want to derail the thread, I'll attempt to answer your questions as efficiently as possible:

I see where you're coming from with regards to my room. Usually giant speakers like the RF-7 II's need some space to strut their stuff. Space that I wish I had. Thankfully, my listening room boasts of unusually good acoustics. The RF-7 II's sound supremely open and balanced in this room - even on the low end!

As for why I don't have them toed further in: My goal is to enjoy all of the benefits that the RF-7 II's have to offer while at the same time mitigating the signature of the horn. I've found that toeing in the RF-7 II's (to any significant degree) will make it super easy to identify the horn. Not only that, but doing so also tends to result in a much brighter presentation - something that I feel the RF-7 II's need no help with. :D

no derail! Seemed like the perfect answer to me :)
  • Like 1

Take a look:

wow Dave!!!! Holy cow what a huge basement. I can't imagine how many subs you would need to get the kind of bass I have in my small sealed theater. Prolly 12 or so to fill that basement. I would love to come experience your theater! Truly a classy room! That TV looks sweet. I can't wait to move and have a bigger nicer room that I own so I can do whatever I want. Luckily I rent from family so I get a little leeway but still have to ask to do anything.
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Love this idea.

I'd make one of my HT setup, but y'all would skewer me (see my sig)

:ph34r:

Why? So you own Jamo...and?  Feel free to share! I used to sell Jamo before they were bought by the Klipsch group. I enjoy all types of speakers ...not just Klipsch. Klipsch just happens to be my preference to own right now (and because they are easy to mod, they happen to be a very fun brand to own as well)!  I'd call Klipsch Heritage the Harley Davidson of the speaker world!  

Oh I love my Jamos, and since I work for Klipsch I love them even more. There is a long-running joke with a few here about the fact that I work for Klipsch and own Jamos in my HT setup - even though Klipsch owns and engineers Jamo. It's funny.

• Like 3

Thanks for the nice comments.

And, I looked at everyone's video's, lot's of nice rooms and systems out there, good job guys! I was surprised how good the audio was through youtube, very clear. Those stereo setups sound great. On scrappy's I could hear the moment, way cool! :D

• Like 1

Had to do the best I could with room , my 2 ch faces one way and HT the other way . Its not effecting the sound

I sit facing the system not on the couch for music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by A1UC