Klipsch Galore, Horns, Bass Bins in St Louis

minermark

This fellows name is Tim and he has been on a one man crusade to save Heritage Klipsch and many others, Theater buyouts, Concert Hall Buyouts and only quality speakers throughout the US.

Tim and his partner run an Audio Business in the greater St Louis area setting up and running show sound system(s).

Tim runs this used surplus speaker warehouse on the side, buying wherever he can to save great old school equipment.

Tims quote to me was he buys on the cheap, in lots, so he can sell cheap.

I told Tim i would throw the word out here on the Forum and ask what phone number he perfered to hear from Forum members, his Business spectraaudio.com or his Cell number, he insisted his Cell, please respect that.

Tim 314-566-7372

P.S. call him and see what he has, goodies change weekly.

Here is a few Pics i took wile picking up my 4way pairs.

post-57941-0-85740000-1434971743_thumb.j

post-57941-0-25700000-1434971777_thumb.j

post-57941-0-81780000-1434971797_thumb.j

post-57941-0-45500000-1434971819_thumb.j

post-57941-0-00620000-1434971846_thumb.j

post-57941-0-74940000-1434971869_thumb.j

post-57941-0-53860000-1434971913_thumb.j

post-57941-0-39700000-1434971943_thumb.j

• Like 9

if i were you id grab the wife and take a day, Tim is more than happy to let you "Window" shop.

Thanks for the photos minermark, I have been considering a trip there.

Pretty certain my wife isn't interested in "window shopping" there. 

I am pretty certain if I brought some home, I would be seeing lots of windows, as I would be living in the car for a while.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 6

Making a day trip w/wife i was more leaning toward "Her Time" you just wish to see Tims goods, find something special in the St Lou area for the rest of the day that SHE would love, you get your time, and she gets hers.

The next time you wish to possibly procure an item in St Lou, unlikely she would have a problem with it.

Winery tours ? plays ? just something you dont have where you live, that makes it special for both of ya.

I dont do this to, bribe or convince my wife, just involve her, it works for me.

• Like 4

My wife has no interest in speakers and doesn't understand the obsession.

However, my daughter does enjoy going on speaker trips with me, which has been very nice.

(Mainly, she likes that we stop someplace good to eat on the way)

• Like 6

Iv had a number of PMs asking me what stash Tim has here, you guys got to remember i was loading, not looking, Tim called in a couple guys to assist with my load, so i was pretty Dam busy, it was everything i could do to run around and take a few pics.

Tim is one hella nice guy and WILL work with you.

This is one of those times guys where you can simply call him and get "Chatty".

You will not find a better collection of Klipsch and many others at,"lets make a deal" prices :emotion-21:

• Like 1

I had a long chat with Tim.  Minermark had already laid claim to the MCM1900 stacks and was picking them up a few days later.

Tim lost his main connection for the Klipsch theater gear.  He wasn't sure that he would be getting in any more Klipsch branded gear anytime soon.

He had a lot of the HPS 545 stacks, they are a 4-way copy of the MCM1900 stacks and have most of the same internal components.

The advantage for me is that the HPS bass bins are splits, so they would actually fit through the door in my basement and are a lot easier to carry.

I haven't picked up a set yet, but keep thinking about it.  I am pretty certain my unobservant wife would notice a  pair of 6.5' wide and 6' tall stacks.

• Like 2

He had the Klipsch stacks sold to a guy in Asia.  However, when they showed up, they couldn't get the trailer to pack right.

He even took a sledge hammer to an MWM bin to try to break it down for shipping (he had already paid for it), but once cracked it open and realized how complicated it was he gave up.

I think that explains this photo:

post-51180-0-24920000-1435509832_thumb.j

• Like 1

However, my daughter does enjoy going on speaker trips with me, which has been very nice.

Regardless of why she likes it, you have a chance to spend time with her! :emotion-21:

• Like 2

Regardless of why she likes it, you have a chance to spend time with her! :emotion-21:

We do enjoy the trips, I am sure the wife enjoys the break from the both of us.  (However, she gets stuck with the puppies then).

I choose some music to educate her a bit.  It is quality time well spent.

• Like 3