Klipsch Galore, Horns, Bass Bins in St Louis

minermark

He had the Klipsch stacks sold to a guy in Asia.  However, when they showed up, they couldn't get the trailer to pack right.

He even took a sledge hammer to an MWM bin to try to break it down for shipping (he had already paid for it), but once cracked it open and realized how complicated it was he gave up.

I think that explains this photo:

YOU BASTARDS  !    :mad:

• Like 6

He had the Klipsch stacks sold to a guy in Asia.  However, when they showed up, they couldn't get the trailer to pack right.

He even took a sledge hammer to an MWM bin to try to break it down for shipping (he had already paid for it), but once cracked it open and realized how complicated it was he gave up.

I think that explains this photo:

YOU BASTARDS  !    :mad:

Tim told me that story over the phone weeks before i got there, saw that critter.

Buyer must have been used to buying Bose products.

Edited by minermark

I had a long chat with Tim.  Minermark had already laid claim to the MCM1900 stacks and was picking them up a few days later.

Tim lost his main connection for the Klipsch theater gear.  He wasn't sure that he would be getting in any more Klipsch branded gear anytime soon.

He had a lot of the HPS 545 stacks, they are a 4-way copy of the MCM1900 stacks and have most of the same internal components.

The advantage for me is that the HPS bass bins are splits, so they would actually fit through the door in my basement and are a lot easier to carry.

I haven't picked up a set yet, but keep thinking about it.  I am pretty certain my unobservant wife would notice a  pair of 6.5' wide and 6' tall stacks.

Tim is just going through what happens to everyone in his business, once you buy out theater(s) the supply dry's up, but not for long.

Talking to Tim, his deal is getting the word to the theaters, before they throw out thy older system in favor of new.

Tim has storys of Speakers going to the Dump, because theaters are always in a hurry, he constantly try's to get the word out, to save old stuff.

salesbarron (Ebay handle) in LA, Pretty much does the surplus side, with his partner (Tubejunkie), I got my EAWs from him, however he is real big on seperate parts, horns, drivers and the like, a few pair of speakers now and again.

salebarron/tubejunkie have an Ebay store, and it changes by the week, p.s. in the surplus world there is no such thing as a fixed price. 

• Like 1

Just talked to Tim on the 1st, he says he has had a good response from Klipsch forum members and will gladly give anyone an inventory rundown.

I believe he still has a boat load of the MCM bass units as well as other klipsch goodies.

With Tim's kind of prices, this would be the first shopping place i would look.

• Like 1

Well now is this not interesting?

Have chatted with Tim, about any new items worth my intetrest, and he's tellin me people are shaowing up buying and said they read it here on the forum?

I dont see many fessing up to their score?

Keeping it to themselfs eh?

He does have quite a bit of NoN Klipsch items of interest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder on Tim's Goods, before you buy ANY used speaker(s), you would do well to give him a call and ask what he has on hand, as stock in the surplus speaker trade changes weekly.

In this hobby this is one phone number you must have.

Just posted pics in the general forum of Tim's warehouse.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...