No Bullshit

Chad

• Administrators

Hello,

I wanted to make everyone aware of a new member group and a new special forum available to that member group.

I've added a new group called "Heritage Members", which everyone here now gets automatically "promoted" to when they've made 5000 posts.

You may notice the "No Bullshit" protected forum listed under "The Klipsch Joint" on the forum index. Only those who have at least 5000 posts and therefore are in the Heritage Members group (along with admins and moderators) can access this forum and post there. The purpose of that forum is to provide an area with slightly more relaxed rules (in terms of political or religious conversation). However, nobody with access to that are immune to the posted Terms of Service and also not entirely immune to moderation from our mod team.

The reason why there is a 5000+ post "entrance fee" is twofold:

1. Generally speaking, those who have so many posts have been here long enough to be trusted to "self-moderate". 
  2. It provides some incentive to participate in other forum discussions here to raise your post count.

There are hundreds of active members here that have fewer than 5000 posts and are "upstanding members of the Klipsch Community". I personally hope to see more members gain access to this over time! 

• Like 2

• Administrators
So no warning points given? 

nobody with access to that are immune to the posted Terms of Service and also not entirely immune to moderation from our mod team.

Top Notch!  So no wrestling behind the woodshed is allowed.  Fine by me.  I am be small, but I am wiry.  Nip it in the bud,  Cheers. 

I think the mods are agreed to no individual action except in really extreme cases.  In the old area, I think Amy scolded us maybe twice when it became downright ugly.  We eventually worked out some honor system of sorts even though the politics ranged from just to the left of Adolf to just to the right of Stalin.  There are less here, and some of the newer ones may take a while to determine where those unspoken boundaries are but there are enough veterans here to help.  Well, help of sorts.

Dave

I just had the weirdest mental image of Mallette in wrestling spandex.

Honestly, I am growing concerned.  All sorts of people imagining me nude, in a blue dress, and spandex. 

Disturbing...

Dave

• Like 1

I just had the weirdest mental image of Mallette in wrestling spandex.

Honestly, I am growing concerned.  All sorts of people imagining me nude, in a blue dress, and spandex. 

Disturbing...

Dave

i didn't say i was fantasizing about it. ack. :P

The reason why there is a 5000+ post "entrance fee" is twofold: Generally speaking, those who have so many posts have been here long enough to be trusted to "self-moderate". It provides some incentive to participate in other forum discussions here to raise your post count. There are hundreds of active members here that have fewer than 5000 posts and are "upstanding members of the Klipsch Community". I personally hope to see more members gain access to this over time!