No Bullshit

Chad

I AM waiting to see the one word posts explode onto  this site,just to get post counts up with meaningless dribble that we will all have to wade thru to get to the real genius posts, that we all come here daily to take in, and enrich our lives,just so some pencil neck can get a label,  and admission into the upper crust club. mark this day on your calendars as the day it all went to perdition in a handbasket.  

well heck i gotta go make 4977 more posts so I can check out the good stuff. I just hope my carpel tunnel doesn't flare up 

• Like 1

Wow...just when I was still trying to figure out if this forum had become bullshit....then this? So ...join and blab endlessly about bullshit and join the club. Be a member for 10 or 15 years and sorry you ain't one of us????

Just kiddin' I haven't had any Heritage for decades anyway.....

• Like 2

I AM waiting to see the one word posts explode onto  this site,just to get post counts up with meaningless dribble that we will all have to wade thru to get to the real genius posts, that we all come here daily to take in, and enrich our lives,just so some pencil neck can get a label,  and admission into the upper crust club. mark this day on your calendars as the day it all went to perdition in a handbasket.  

well heck i gotta go make 4977 more posts so I can check out the good stuff. I just hope my carpel tunnel doesn't flare up 

Perdition in a handbasket happened several weeks ago.  Not many were aware of it though.  Raise a toast to MDeneen for what has transpired.

ToS prohibits Cross Posting... rather surprised nothing listed in ToS discourages or prohibits Power Posting.

Power Posting (just to raise your post count) is more annoying than SPAM.

Pointless way to fill a forum with garbage.

At the rate with which I post, it will take me 15.233 years to be eligible for this section!  I will be very pleased if I live that much longer and look forward to participating then.......

Maynard

I think a lot of us are in the same boat.  I've never been a chatty Cathy or even a chatty Carl (e.g., Fredricksen even when he was a shell of utter sadness with a healthy twist of bitter) for that matter. 

Carl Fredricksen untitled.png

Of course, when not listening to music, it seems that the attached holds true in our household.

1d6e8170230a3424cc2fb0cc8d0a55c4_600x.jpg

At my rate of posting it will be about 24 years before I can "join the club."  I suspect that either one of two things will happen.  Given that very few have made it out of our 60s in my family before passing and the relatives that have made it to their 80s are much healthier than I, either I will die long before the 24 years or I live for another 24 years and log on for the first time at a ripe old age of 82 and find that everyone that I planned to BS with about the stuff not for public consumption will already be dead.  :o

old man picture.jpg

A couple of fun facts/observations: 

It looks like 61 members out of 36,380 meet the criteria of 5,000 posts or 0.17% of the membership. 

It looks like 297 members have at least 1,000 posts or 0.8% of the membership. 

Given that Mallette is trying to auction his excess post count, which I captured in the post below, I suspect, and may even be willing to wager, that he may have been the person that initiated the 5,000 post rule, which by focusing on the top 0.17% of membership I noticed is much more stringent than the occupy wall street movement that focused on the top 1%. :emotion-14:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :ph34r:  

All in fun as I probably wouldn't have much excess time to post anyway. :P

I can sell two 5k post blocks and still qualify. 

Open for bids...but then you also have to take credit for my posts.

As for me, I only take cash.

Dave

post-36163-0-35100000-1435010377_thumb.j

post-36163-0-56300000-1435010537_thumb.p

post-36163-0-54340000-1435011651_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd

Yeah but no one listens to about five thousand of those words.  And about 1000 of men's words are yes dear.

You may be on to something but probably a little low on the 5,000.  About 3,000 words I have the headphones on; about 2,000 words I'm watching TV; for another 1,000 words I'm posting on various forums; and for about 500 words I'm on the phone.